• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Senton 3S BLX owners

What do you use for the linkage mine has loads of movement on the pivot balls been searching the web for some metal ones to replace the arrma plastic ones can only find a full gpm pivot ball set ,didn't think you could remove the servo saver I've just order a new one

• 3 weeks later...

The new model comes with a fan on the motor. Maybe servo replacement the standard ones don't last long, and in the future 12mm hex for wider tyre choice.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Looks nice, they seem to be very capable trucks.  Do you use the ST much?  Where in S. Devon are you out if interest?

I'm near Yelverton, just outside Plymouth. 

Ive not long built the st so I've used it probably 10 times so far. I joined this forum and saw all the amazing electric cars and decided I wanted one of those too though! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice I like it red ,The one thing I did do was the scorched parts inner fenders the first time I took mine out I couldn't believe how muddy it got inside, it still gets muddy in there but they do help.

• Like 1

The senton is good to run from out the box. Only to check all the screws are thread locked, maybe after a couple runs have a look at the shocks they prob need a refill. Plenty parts to be added to help with the muck going inside when running

Have fun

• Like 1

Wow its so different to drive than anything I've driven before. Its like it's taking off half the time. Wheelies all over the place and rolls over a lot. Very fun but going to take some getting used to! 

8 hours ago, DogBone said:

What other body shells fit?  I saw earlier in the thread @Fourmiz29 you used a big rock shell. Did it need modifying?

I just asked her (she's busy doing something else) and said "The shell doesn't need modifying but you need the big rock body posts."

The body posts fit just the same way as the sentons.

• Thanks 1

Yes change the body post, just slightly narrower than the senton ones.

One thing I did and I have seen a few people doing this is changing the wheels to the ones from the granite, also 14 hex. It help stabilise the car to avoid so much rolling. The motor pinion will need to be reduced to 15t (20t on the senton), it will help the motor.  By changing to wider wheels the senton body will need trimming to have clearance for those wheels (if running with that body), the big rock one will be just ok.

I have also turned my Senton into a big rock by swapping the arms for the longer version.

Senton and big rock share the same long wheel base chassis, so a few opportunities to improve the car in some ways lol

I did do it mainly for the winter and the muddy fields, in the summer I am looking at reversing back to the senton

• Thanks 1

just bought a v2 one of these but the guy i bought it from had put a proline jeep body on it not to mt taste but im happy enough with it. he aslo put some proline trenchers on it. must admit i love the truck.  

i am going to be getting a shourt corse shel for it as thats why i bought it.

paid £250 for it came with the standard wheels thought that was a good price?

IMG_1389.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DogBone said:

Found this one on ebay but I'm worried it won't come out beyond the front of the body. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124630440111

The senton body is quite long in the front yes. Maybe take a measurement from the tower to the end of the senton bumper to have an idea how much it would need to stick out by.

I only change my senton bumper for the big rock one when I changed the body

• Thanks 1

Good idea, thanks. I looked at the big rock one too but like you said I'd need to change the body as well. 

I just can't see the point in getting another stock senton one as I'm pretty sure I'll snap it in no time! 

Yeah I broke the middle part my senton front bumper when trialling a skatepark... The round pipe at the top of those ramp isn't senton bumper friendly at all.. with the lockdown in haven't done another skatepark session. I think it should be ok with the big rock version