• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Senton 3S BLX owners

I've bought those cheap ones from ebay £8 that go over 12mm hex's with the 8mm bolt through the middle. Don't know if they will last they also widen the it slightly. I did try the traxxas ones but they don't fit very well without lots of messing I think you tried them.

• Like 1

Just took the senton out the buggy tyres work great but I think lowering it has made the biggest difference not so much body roll, can go round corners much quicker without it toppling over,also I've added the aluminium gpm suspension top mounts which makes the shocks much more upright.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/06/2021 at 18:59, DogBone said:

Front bumper (I really dont think it's just my driving!) Other than that mine has been fine. 

Read in an earlier post you where just outside Plymouth, i too am in Plymouth!

• 1 month later...

Im back hopefully.   Been away ages. Forum wouldn’t recognise me. Wtf. 
 So my Senton does motor bearings like I do coffee. Now using Velcro under slipper housing  arrangement and seems to let less crap inside. 
 People talking about 17 mm hex adaptors etc 

the TRAXXAS.version are duff. And slip and wear out. I use hot racing version with 10 mm extension/spacers to widen the track. Work brilliantly. 
my wheels are proline badlands for1/8 buggies. Stock pinion. 
never overheats.
Body is v3 and they all fit without cutting. 

gpm ally tie rod and pivot ball set. Brilliant. 
big bore shocks from the states which change the car completely. It never rolls over in corners no matter how hard I turn in. 45 weight oil. 
scorched parts mud gauge set has made a huge difference too.

Big wheels still don’t rub on these either 

Bashed and battered. It keeps on going send after send. 
hope I can manage to log in again. It’s been brief but it’s good to be back. 

CB693CFE-0CB1-4BCB-8F8F-A10C8C70AD47.jpeg

• Like 2

The other trick for the motor bearings is a rubber o ring around the motor shaft held in place with a washer under the pinion ,took mine on the beach last week while on holiday, took mine apart today to clean it up no sand in bearings.

• Like 1

On 02/06/2021 at 18:50, Strugglecuddle7 said:

Reaalllly thinking of getting one of these but ive read a worrying number of reviews that say the motor bearings die horrendously quick is this true?

What are the weak points you guys have found etc?

All cars have weakness if bashed hard. 
but these are pretty hardy. 
mine gets good level of abuse. 
 As for motor bearings I have seized a few. I run it in dust that’s like concrete dust and it ends up clogging most things up eventually. 
i use Ezrun max 10 motor and esc in mine so won’t go into what I think of the blx stuff. 
the pivot balls wear out very fast (cheap plastic. ) But you can get ally or steel upgrades when the time comes.  They wear too, just slower. 
front bumper breaks quite easily, but I cable toe mine up and keep going. 
the original servos were pants, but the v3 may have been upgraded. Someone here will tell you. 
tyres wear out fast. 
to use other wheels and tyres it’s best to change hex for 17mm versions as there is a big market in that size. Otherwise choice is limited. 
 Shocks used to be rubbish and leak very quickly. Not sure if Arrma have addressed this issue. 
so all the above sounds like there’s tons of problems. 
don’t be put off I love mine and they are pretty bullet proof. 
I crashed into a tree stump last week. Approx 45 mph, Sent the car 10’ in the air , barrel rolling hit the ground and flipped and barrelled for 30 yards. 
landed on its wheels and drove strait off for more. 
upkeep is way more extensive that our granite for some reason. 
butI love it. Sure you would too. 

• 2 years later...
On 15/11/2020 at 20:47, Fourmiz29 said:

I came across a central roll cage for the Senton 6S, is it any good to be fitted on a 3S?

I think I would feel more confident having some internal support in the shell when I start doing jump with it like in the video.

The 6S body fits the 3s and its much much tougher, I've one, I use it when I take mine on heavy bash sessions