• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's Rustler

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

From the UK I think the Traxxas ones are your only bet. 

yeah there the ones i went for, just getting the rear ones but the new ones that no ones tested for now, if they perform well ill get the fronts

Edited by Tingting44

something doesnt feel right with this car.....dont know what, the rear left driveshaft that kept snapping the stock shafts seems odd, like its got some bounce in it, not taken it out due to weather, its just when i slowly rev it in my hand, ill have to send a video later if i can but something does not seem or feel right

13 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

I notice your suspension is fully wound down? Is that causing some binding? I think your ride height is too high. Lower the truck a bit and see

thanks buddy, lowered ride a bit, removed a couple shims from rear wheels, had 3 in total which was too tight, loosened clutch a bit to be on the safe side with these £70 rear drive shafts lol, running smooth now 🙂 just need it to stop raining to get it down the community and see if we can run with out something breaking which seems a rare occasion these days...just ordered some more green aluminum lol, i cant help myself

Edited by Tingting44
  • Haha 1

ohhhhhhhhhhhh its good to see some green ****!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmmmmm loool 😛

very nice indeed" i do miss the bigger hex's, i came from an e-revo many years ago, these 12mm hex's just dont cut it for me, i will be doing the conversion at some point....maybe when i get my new tyres and rims

im currently running 15/54 but motor gets so hot, this will be even worse when i get bigger wheels, so if i went to 10/54 gearing that would give me less speed right? what gearing would you suggest with big tyres

24 minutes ago, Tingting44 said:

im currently running 15/54 but motor gets so hot, this will be even worse when i get bigger wheels, so if i went to 10/54 gearing that would give me less speed right? what gearing would you suggest with big tyres

Id just upgrade the motor & esc if its an option? Max 10 SCT combo

2 minutes ago, Tingting44 said:

Ahh not sure about that when I get a new can I will be getting a green one that’s for sure, will wait to either my esc or motor blows to justify that buy to the mrs

Fair enough, the 3500kv dont like bigger wheels/tyres tbh 😞

• Thanks 1

hey mate, yeah ive not had any problems with the plastic motor mounts, ive stayed clear as i heard the alu ones are weak and can bend? not from your experience then? green mounts would look lovely on my build lol, not sure how i feel about the spur and pinion being open like that tho? with that gpm mount

Edit, ahh im thinking of shock tower mounts, think it may of been the 1st time ive seen this upgraded motor mount, thank you mate! btw have u tried the alu shock tower mounts? thats what i was thinking can bend easy not the motor mount

Edited by Tingting44

On 10/10/2021 at 14:47, Kpowell911 said:

Funny you mention the motor mount, took it out today and I was thinking the gear might go as no matter how much I got a perfect mesh the motor all ways moved when I tightened it up and does not seem to get tight like the plastic thread has gone kind of in the motor mount, so I’m biting the bullet and getting this in blue as it’s the only decent one I can find in the uk, I’d love green but if I have to sacrifice Color for performance than so be it

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/439213?gclid=CjwKCAjwk6-LBhBZEiwAOUUDp2b9W6oCESXtJZ-b1gdplaMrQNXY92uEVmsDse7xhilKrLnK774CgBoChpIQAvD_BwE

BE8D958C-39CD-42EA-BE3F-3A519BBEB3A9.jpeg

Edited by Tingting44