• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The *New* WL Toys 124019 - The 144001's Big Brother

James.S

So the newest release from WL Toys is here. The 124019. It's basically a bigger version of the WL 144001 (a car that I own and very much enjoy)

The new model is about 5cm longer than the 144001, and they are calling it a 1/12th scale. Although I personally think it is still a bit small to be considered 1/12th.

It comes with the same 550 motor as found in many WL Toys RC's, comes with the same 3 in 1 esc as the 144001 & the same transmitter/receiver. But the main big difference is the length of the chassis, which should mean that it handles better at high speeds, and also allows you to fit a much bigger battery in there. Plus there's also a lot more room for upgraded parts if you're wanting to build a speed run car.

I really like the look of it, especially in the purple colour scheme that they're offering.

Take a look & see what you think 

wl 124019 4.png

wl 124019 3.png

wl 124019 2.png

wl 124019 1.png

Here's the link to pre order one on Banggood: 

https://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-124019-RTR-1-or-12-2_4G-4WD-60km-or-h-Metal-Chassis-RC-Car-Off-Road-Climbing-Truck-Vehicles-Models-Kids-Toys-p-1757187.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

And a video from BeyondRC:

Edited by James RC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Expected this would come along, just using the LWB chassis that LC Racing offered on there SCT / Truggy models.

I imagine that the build quality is just as good as it is on the LC as well, but for almost 50% of the cost of an LC truggy from Banggood.

These WL models aren't for everyone but I certainly think that they have their place in the RC world.

They are well worth what you pay for them and are so easy to customize & upgrade. I was planning on ordering a brushless motor/esc combo for my 144001 soon but now that this 124019 is coming out I think i'll snap one up and use it as my 'fast cheap small RC' platform instead.

7 hours ago, riz-trucksta said:

Pre ordered mine a couple of days ago! £77 shipped from aliexpress. Cant even beat that value for money!

I own 2 144001s, both never needed anything replaced then again I never push them too hard! 1 is a speed run car and the other is stock for my son.

Ah nice one riz, that's a very decent price, only a few pounds more than I paid for my 144001! I'll be very interested to know how it performs, if you feel like giving a quick review of it once it's in your hands.

That's pretty good going the fact that you haven't needed any replacement parts yet. I've repaired mine 3 or 4 times now. What kind of setup are you running in the speed run car?

• 3 weeks later...

I've just pre ordered a 124019 could someone please give me an idea of the battery dimensions or a suitable battery I can purchase?

I've genuinely searched the internet for this info.

Thank you in advance 👍👍

Edited by Tabbie
Grammar

Hi Tabbie. I've just had a quick look for you and I'm also struggling to find the dimensions of the battery tray.

But what I did find is the size of the battery that it comes with. 105 x 34 x 15 mm.

From the pictures it looks like there is about an extra 30-40mm of room on the length. But not sure about width & height.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, James RC said:

Hi Tabbie. I've just had a quick look for you and I'm also struggling to find the dimensions of the battery tray.

But what I did find is the size of the battery that it comes with. 105 x 34 x 15 mm.

From the pictures it looks like there is about an extra 30-40mm of room on the length. But not sure about width & height.

Thank you your a star!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tabbie said:

Thank you your a star!!

You're most welcome 🙂

Also I just thought, the height & width of the battery tray are going to be very similar to the 144001, if not exactly the same

Edited by James RC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, James RC said:

You're most welcome 🙂

Also I just thought, the height & width of the battery tray are going to be very similar to the 144001, if not exactly the same

I have  144001  so I can measure the battery tray in that, your battery dimensions have definitely helped.

The battery is still small in the 124019 searching Amazon isn't ideal for a match, I shall spend sometime searching else where. 

Thanks again James.

1 hour ago, Tabbie said:

I have  144001  so I can measure the battery tray in that, your battery dimensions have definitely helped.

The battery is still small in the 124019 searching Amazon isn't ideal for a match, I shall spend sometime searching else where. 

Thanks again James.

Yes, that's what I thought, and no worries, any time👍 

Yeah 2200mah isn't massive, probably going to be around 20-25 minutes run time. I think the biggest lipo you're going to be able to fit in the standard tray is probably a 3000mah, maybe 3500 if it's a nice slim one. Ofcourse you can always do some modifications to get a bigger battery in there. 

Best places to look are going to be Ebay, Modelsport, RC Geeks or Hobby King. Huge selections on all of those sites.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, James RC said:

Yes, that's what I thought, and no worries, any time👍 

Yeah 2200mah isn't massive, probably going to be around 20-25 minutes run time. I think the biggest lipo you're going to be able to fit in the standard tray is probably a 3000mah, maybe 3500 if it's a nice slim one. Ofcourse you can always do some modifications to get a bigger battery in there. 

Best places to look are going to be Ebay, Modelsport, RC Geeks or Hobby King. Huge selections on all of those sites.

https://m.banggood.com/Wltoys-7_4V-2200mAh-20C-2S-T-Plug-Lipo-Battery-for-10428-10428A-or-B-or-C-or-A2-or-B2-or-C2-K949-Rc-Car-p-1457532.html?akmClientCountry=GB&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_organic&gmcCountry=GB&utm_content=minha&utm_campaign=minha-gbg-en-mb&currency=GBP&cur_warehouse=CN&createTmp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_content=hades&utm_campaign=hades-cdm-uk-pur-1028&ad_id=475836861002&gclid=CjwKCAiAtK79BRAIEiwA4OskBsPS9iK3rVFIA_pVzPioxlncLgeuoWDEF04EtvCCJ4I5VDcBUUjPMBoCORcQAvD_BwE

This seems to be the only one I can find that fits, what do you think James?

30 minutes ago, Tabbie said:

This seems to be the only one I can find that fits, what do you think James?

That's the same battery that comes included with the 124019 (think it's made by Zop Power, not 100% sure).

Do you have a link to where you ordered your car from? The only two listings i've seen have been on Aliexpress & banggood. One of which came with a single lipo and the other came with two.

22 minutes ago, James RC said:

That's the same battery that comes included with the 124019 (think it's made by Zop Power, not 100% sure).

Do you have a link to where you ordered your car from? The only two listings i've seen have been on Aliexpress & banggood. One of which came with a single lipo and the other came with two.

I've pre ordered the 124019 here on banggoodhttps://m.banggood.com/Wltoys-124019-RTR-1-or-12-2_4G-4WD-60km-or-h-me<x>tal-Chassis-RC-Car-Off-Road-Climbing-Truck-Vehicles-Models-Kids-Toys-p-1757187.html?akmClientCountry=GB&rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN&p=4X282320346465201803&custli&lt;x&gt;nkid=1340582

Looks like it only comes with 1 battery 

23 minutes ago, Tabbie said:

Yeah, comes with a single battery. I've just had a little look around and I think i've found a few good options for you.

Overlander 2700mah 35c (65c burst): https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=442371

Dimensions are 133x42x11mm so I reckon one of these should just about squeeze in there.

Absima 4000mah 45c: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=440263

Dimensions on this one are 137x46x24mm,  so it might be the slightest bit too wide but you might be able to get it to fit with some minor fettling.

And there's also this Voltz 3200mah 40c lipo. Almost the same as I have for my FTX Carnage, they're decent. https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/collections/batteries-chargers-1/products/voltz-3200mah-2s-7-4v-40c-hardcase-lipo-battery

Pretty much the same deal as the Absima, might fit, might not. Dimensions are 138x46x25mm

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, James RC said:

Yeah, comes with a single battery. I've just had a little look around and I think i've found a few good options for you.

Overlander 2700mah 35c (65c burst): https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=442371

Dimensions are 133x42x11mm so I reckon one of these should just about squeeze in there.

Absima 4000mah 45c: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=440263

Dimensions on this one are 137x46x24mm,  so it might be the slightest bit too wide but you might be able to get it to fit with some minor fettling.

And there's also this Voltz 3200mah 40c lipo. Almost the same as I have for my FTX Carnage, they're decent. https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/collections/batteries-chargers-1/products/voltz-3200mah-2s-7-4v-40c-hardcase-lipo-battery

Pretty much the same deal as the Absima, might fit, might not. Dimensions are 138x46x25mm

Massive thank you I genuinely appreciated your help.👍👍

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one screw lying around in the box. Is this a case for anyone else. I have visually checked the car if it has dropped from one of the parts. It's not the case. Let me know if I should be worried. I'm taking it for my 1dt ride. Appreciate your reply.