• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MT410 esc?

bertberr

150a Quicrun on 4s will be fine if you have the motor and gearing to match that. Max 8 is also fine but running 2000kv+ with 6s on it's gearing is a bit much IMO.

It's a very light, and very nimble truck, its basically a race buggy with race truggy arms. You really do not need to overload the drive train with mental high power electircs. A good 4S at around ~2000-2400kv or 6S on ~1500-1900kv system is entirely adequete. I have a 1500 sensored system in mine at the moment with a 19t pinion It's great fun.

If you start to uber bling it and add loads of upgrades, obviously things start to change, but the only 100% necissary upgrade is a servo arm. Metal spur, metal diff cups, metal suspension caps are optional but nice. Rear brace from MMM is a good upgrade as you can get a relocation plate for the ESC and make the wiring a bit easier.

YMMV of course, and some people like to have their truck behave like an utter lunatic doing 70+ MPH for bashing.

• Like 1

Don't really see a problem with a Quicrun 150, wouldn't be my personal choice but generally it should be fine. One downside is that the BEC is a bit naff (6v/3a only), i like to run my servos at 7.4v. 

• Like 1

Well, I have a quicrun 150 sat in the spares box, likewise one of those 4274 Castle knock-offs, 2200kv from memory, and my 3.8 Road Rage's haven't sold either, and... I have a couple of 5000mah 4S packs doing nothing, and a couple of 325mm MT shells surplus to requirements, and... I fancy building a Tekno kit, so...

Would stay at 4S and prob run it on asphalt, hard pack earth etc, so hopefully Road Rage would be OK.  Or I source some Hyper ST arms/shafts/links etc and convert one of the 7's to a Monster Buggy.  Just want to start making use of some of the spare hardware sitting around. Decisions, decisions!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Well, I have a quicrun 150 sat in the spares box, likewise one of those 4274 Castle knock-offs, 2200kv from memory, and my 3.8 Road Rage's haven't sold either, and... I have a couple of 5000mah 4S packs doing nothing, and a couple of 325mm MT shells surplus to requirements, and... I fancy building a Tekno kit, so...

Would stay at 4S and prob run it on asphalt, hard pack earth etc, so hopefully Road Rage would be OK.  Or I source some Hyper ST arms/shafts/links etc and convert one of the 7's to a Monster Buggy.  Just want to start making use of some of the spare hardware sitting around. Decisions, decisions!

The mt410 handles really really well being so light and the kit is amazing quality. As good as a hobao cars are, i would highly recommend going for the mt410 if you already have the parts to go into it.  

• Like 1

OK that's interesting.  I got the 4274 originally to go in one of the H7's but think its just too big for that buggy, I've used 4068/4268 cans in both instead, on 4S and they're more than up to the job. 

What truck / type of rig would the 2200KV 4274 work best in?  Is it more a 1/8 truggy motor?

I

1 hour ago, bertberr said:

OK that's interesting.  I got the 4274 originally to go in one of the H7's but think its just too big for that buggy, I've used 4068/4268 cans in both instead, on 4S and they're more than up to the job. 

What truck / type of rig would the 2200KV 4274 work best in?  Is it more a 1/8 truggy motor?

Buggy/truggy/MT... it's a perfectly fine motor for pretty much any 1/8, just the MT 410 and the way the motor mount is, along with it's gearing, mean that the KV is a little on the high side for it. I wouldnt want to go any smaller in can size due to the heat generated from running big MT wheels. Personally I run truggy type wheels on mine most of the time.

It will still work, and be usable, just like Doddy says, you will be limited to a choice of 1 pinion; whatever is the smallest.

If you went for it, I suspect it will be a short time between installing it, falling in love with the truck, and replacing the motor with something at around 2000kv or lower.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

I

Buggy/truggy/MT... it's a perfectly fine motor for pretty much any 1/8, just the MT 410 and the way the motor mount is, along with it's gearing, mean that the KV is a little on the high side for it. I wouldnt want to go any smaller in can size due to the heat generated from running big MT wheels. Personally I run truggy type wheels on mine most of the time.

It will still work, and be usable, just like Doddy says, you will be limited to a choice of 1 pinion; whatever is the smallest.

If you went for it, I suspect it will be a short time between installing it, falling in love with the truck, and replacing the motor with something at around 2000kv or lower.

Spot on 👍👍

The MT410 is so light (or seems so light though I've never weighed it) compared to my Outcast 6S and E-Maxx that you don't need to overpower it.

I'm using a Hobbywing SCT8 with a Castle 1512 motor on 4S. That combo is smaller and lighter than the 6S system I was going to put in and gives you a lot more space to work with too. The 2S batteries are also lighter than the comparable 3S ones I would've used.

I only use it for bashing but it's just so nimble and manoeuvrable compared to the other trucks that it's a joy to drive.

Sent from my MIX2 using Tapatalk

That's interesting you say that, I thought they were circa 8 lbs ready to rip, so not that light I wouldn't have said, but then I've never held an Outcast or E-maxx!!!

Anyway, I think I've decided to go down the Hyper 7 Monster Truck / Buggy route, as it will be a lot less expensive, but thanks all for your input. 

Yeah the Hyper 7 route will be a LOT less pricey but extremely robust.

Mind you, I picked up my MT410 as a roller for £240 on eBay with body shell and a set of Badlands. With used ESC/motor, a £10 Jx servo and an extra receiver for my existing FlySky radio it came in around £330......

Sent from my MIX2 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...