• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Yorkshire Racing

Kelvin Hammond

A good track and class for mid week racing would be force raceway at osset (it's an indoor circuit run by a great couple who both race) with either a mardave mini or hot rods (also called hot hatches as they are hatch back bodys) and are also made by a company called kamtec, they are 1/12 scale, they are very cheap on spares and its a good beginners class that's run on a Thursday night. Iv got one several 1/12 mardaves and they are easy to maintain. They also run these at the Yorkshire mardave club. There's a track at Halifax that's outdoor but I don't know if they do mid week racing and there's another track at Wakefield called northern race and drift that do racing on a Friday night that runs mainly tamiya classes.

• Thanks 1

They are starting a class for them at force raceway but they are new so classes are just starting and they can be quick if you look up rc kicks on YouTube he crashed his on a speed run at 58mph and one guy at the force has almost matched the touring car lap time with one, if your lads not got a lot of experience it can get expensive real quick, I race to a tight budget and mardave stuff is under £10 for most replacement parts (even the body's are £10) and in a year of running 5 of them with my partner iv only had to replace 3 kingpins, 2 motor pods and a driveshaft (we've got 7 between us now) 

• Thanks 1

Id go mardave the customer service is brilliant (but iv not used kamtec yet bit he's fairly good from the reviews of other people at the track) and we recently got 2 hot hatches (hot rods) and they came 90% built out of the box (I think the mini is the same) all that needed doing was the steering linkage, fit the wheels, motor (not included but can be got from modelsport), fit the body mounts, cut, mount and paint the shell and fit the radio.

I will happily assist with advice on motor, esc and servo to meet the spec of the class, iv attached screen shots the regs from force so you can get an idea of the requirements

Screenshot_20201015-190648_Word.jpg

Screenshot_20201015-190637_Word.jpg