• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New driver jlb cheetah owner

jj

Hi all new to the forum and new to the hobby. 

Iv had nitro cars as a kid and electric ones what were *****. Coming back to it many years later how times have changed lol. This little banggood special is an animal 😁 not sure in how reliable these things are but will invest in a better one one day if I carry on enjoying the hobby. Thanks

Screenshot_20200921_182453_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20200921_182457_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 2

Two main concerns with that brand are parts availability and will they keep producing them (the model and the spares). 

There's a few reviews on YouTube, seem a decent model for the asking price. 

• Like 1

Two main concerns with that brand are parts availability and will they keep producing them (the model and the spares). 

There's a few reviews on YouTube, seem a decent model for the asking price. 

Hi buddy.

So parts are pretty easy to get at the mo and I'm sure it be dead by the time they stop selling em so not a problem there. Loads of parts at banggood and a few other sites. I just broke one of the steering arms blooming curb [emoji24][emoji23] found a guy on ebay who had them got them today. d2002a5fcb74ceb164e365880d776266.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

They're pretty good out of the box but the main problem- as Tug points out - will be parts supply.

I'd surf the forums and see what breaks most and stock up on spares. Plus it's no good having to wait weeks for parts from HK while your truck sits on the shelf.

Banggood usually abandon or decrease spares support over time. There's no reason a hobby grade car shouldn't last a decade or more if it has spares support.

Sent from my MIX2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...