• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

jeff gordon hornet?

Gampla

ps-47 is the nearest yer gonna get mate,

ps-47 is a pink/gold iridescent, jeff gordons racecar is more purple/gold or red/gold.

but tamiya only do two iridescent polycarbonate colours,

sooo yeh ps-47 is the nearest, maybe if its backed with black that will darken the pink up a tad,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gampla said:

I gathered but my question was the backing colour that's why she wants to use ps-47

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

If you want the finish/effect of PS-47 then you need to back with black.

Here's a quote from MS website:

Directions:

Spray an even coat of the Iridescent paint first, allow to dry, then spray a backing coat of PS-5 Black spray paint (required to be purchased seperately).

Note: The Iridescent effect will not work without applying the black backing coat.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=19084&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsq3Q45CK7AIVA-ntCh20VA4QEAQYASABEgKjnfD_BwE

If you just want the orange look, PS-61 is probably close. Or do you mean backing PS-47 with PS-61 orange?

18 hours ago, Gampla said:

Back the ps-47 with something

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Well, if you back it with black it will turn out like the colour in the chart. If you back it with orange it will probably turn out a lot lighter.

If you just want plain orange close to the iridescent colour, then PS-61 is probably as close as you'll get.