• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing 1080 ESC calibration problem..

Rc211v

Hi Guys 

Having a few issues calibrating my new Hobbywing 1080 ESC. It's on a TRX-4 sport kit that I'm halfway through building and i got the ESC from modelsport last week with a traxxas plug and motor bullets soldered on. I also got a 4ch Traxxas TQI radio and receiver off ebay which arrived today and thought I'd plug everything in and get it calibrated now before I try and finish the build tomorrow night but I just can't get it to calibrate the throttle positions!

I hold the power and set buttons together until it starts to beep and then press the set button once to confirm the neutral position which it does, I get one beep and one flash of the light but I can't get it any further than that. Everytime I try and set the forward position I don't get a beep or a flash.

The steering is working so I'm really hoping it's not the ebay TX/RX that's the problem. Also, I'm not sure how much life was left in the battery I plugged in to calibrate it.

Anybody else struggled to calibrate these before or have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

21 hours ago, stimpy said:

Glad to hear you are sorted mate. I actually thought it was full forward throttle first, full reverse, then neutral... But not messed with any of my 1080s for a while tbh!..

It's Neutral first, full reverse , then full forward. Next you need to reverse it on the radio and adjust rev/forward speed with program card .It's very strange anyway that they made it this way.