• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help With Pull Start Hobao Hyper 7

aScottishBloke

ive never found that an easy fix 

you have to rewind spring back into the pullstart body and engage it in the pull wheel  

be prepared for cut fingers and the spring flying accross room 

yup thats about it mate :storm:

i never succeeded in doing it 1st time either but once you get it in put a piece of wire through 2 of holes in pulstart and across the pull wheel to hold it in place till you get it onto engine shaft and once on shaft and almost in place remove the wire

best of luck mate 🍻

• Like 2

Buy a new one! 

As you've found, they can be repaired but even if you capture the spring locator, find a way to keep it in place then sort the actual pull chord, ime they're never the same. They can be sorted but by eck them springs are sharp! 

• Like 1

Good luck, it's definitely worth tinkering with, it's all part of the hobby, the main thing is to keep thinking calm thoughts or you'll end launching it like I do... 

In the past, I've ended up with the pull cord not recoiling completely and rather than take it apart again, a length of fuel tube round the cord can help stop the handle flapping around. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smoothybb said:

Good luck, it's definitely worth tinkering with, it's all part of the hobby, the main thing is to keep thinking calm thoughts or you'll end launching it like I do... 

In the past, I've ended up with the pull cord not recoiling completely and rather than take it apart again, a length of fuel tube round the cord can help stop the handle flapping around. 👍

Not 1st time ive launched mine across room so yes calm thoughts 🤣

• Haha 1

Search for rotostart on fleabay and you get all sorts of options. Depending on the age of your hyper engine (cops or not), this is a full kit 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roto-Start-System-For-Hobao-Hyper-21-28-Engines-FT02623H/163346833659?epid=23011036115&hash=item26083ae0fb:g:F24AAOSwI8lZ73Ro

15 hours ago, Smoothybb said:

Search for rotostart on fleabay and you get all sorts of options. Depending on the age of your hyper engine (cops or not), this is a full kit 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roto-Start-System-For-Hobao-Hyper-21-28-Engines-FT02623H/163346833659?epid=23011036115&hash=item26083ae0fb:g:F24AAOSwI8lZ73Ro

COPS is terrible. There is a way to get the same engines brand new w/o COPS but I take it most won't want to replace it just for this reason.