• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

One thing after another. Crackling servo

Got my Cat XLS kit last week and decided to paint it all first. Got my spray area all set up and started spraying... No paint coming through. Took the airbrush apart and cleaned it. Started spraying and then hose blew off. Reattached it. No paint. Took the airbrush apart again. Started painting. The hose blew off again. Gave up.

The following day, gave it another go and got it working eventually. Then started to build the car. Discovered a piece was missing. Build stopped. 

Started doing the shocks. My circlip pliers have gone. Bought some new ones. They've been poorly made and don't fit the holes of the clips. Great.

As the build has now gone as far as it can whilst waiting for the missing part, I checked the electrics that came with the bundle.

The servo is making a crackling noise. Tried the trim function and that's not working either.  

Feeling a bit unlucky tonight! 😂

Any advice on the servo / transmitter issue appreciated. It's a Varioprop transmitter and Savox servo.