• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Torro Thread

On 18/05/2021 at 20:48, Iain .R said:

Iv just stripped my zorro tyres off the wheels as the inserts are rubbish I mean rubbish as I opened up two them and mud/gravel fell out   no sponge insert at all .the other two parts sludge and fome . 

As they gone so soft I cracked two of my wheels as on the side rims there split . 

Tying to find inserts to fit now  

Yeah mine have so much flex in them, the car rolls over all the time.. car only been used twice lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Nicholas Jones said:

How did you gradient the bodyshell?

Well I bought one painted it reinforced it and it's broken right across the the bonnet wing to wing . 

I love the look of the car .its beautiful.  But.like butter . 

Iv reinforced the reinforcing  and see if that helps . . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2021 at 19:57, Iain .R said:

Well I bought one painted it reinforced it and it's broken right across the the bonnet wing to wing . 

I love the look of the car .its beautiful.  But.like butter . 

Iv reinforced the reinforcing  and see if that helps . . 

Well if bought another shell .as the one I had  reinforced the reinforcing  now weights a ton  soon as it lands it nose dives as the front is too heavy. 

So any idea how to strengthen the front of this .I have had reply two bodys  .

What about 2 lots of scrim tape .

Of some fiber glass sheeting all in side  iv never used that before  is that heavy or light . 

On 14/07/2020 at 07:24, willb said:

Given how popular these are, I thought I'd start this to see who on the forum has one and to hear your thoughts? I bought one as a cheap lockdown toy and right out of the box, they're impressive. The little Force engine is solid and has plenty of power. Things to note and to upgrade early on. Save yourself the hassle and order the Fastrax dual-stage air filter straight away. I ran the stock filter in a dusty environment and it let a load of muck into the carb. Fortunately I noticed it very early on and stopped running. Other things to note, the tyres are made from cottage cheese, lasted a handful of outings before the inner foams disintegrated and the tyres started to tear, upgrade to the alloy front plate, the plastic one will only survive the lightest of knocks. When you're ordering, add a few spares in too as they're so cheap! Arms, shock shafts, steering knuckles and so on. I haven't broken anything other than the plastic front plate but have since added the alloy chassis braces, new wheels and I changed the body (it's an HPI shell but Wheelspin had it on clearance).

Overall, it's a great little car, love thrashing it around!

E9CB9FAA-E993-4487-BAD2-A18D2078F7E8.jpeg

what tires have you got?im struggling to find weheels with a 7mm hex

21 minutes ago, Nicholas Jones said:

what tires have you got?im struggling to find weheels with a 7mm hex

If you’re looking for Torro style wheels they’re a short course wheel with a 12mm hex 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see the new zorro brushless (vid off UTube showing a bit more about the car   looks like a ftx carnage with zorro bodyshell and wheels   

The car I made beginning the year out of carnage and outlaw parts  is the very same as they just made the new zorro brushless.  Juat need the extra motor and it be the same lol . 

I wonder what parts they changed to make the zorro body shell fit the carnage like chassis . As the back section is way diffrent  carnage to outlaw . .

13 minutes ago, Iain .R said:

I still cant find any info on the back section.  Do any you guys know where or know . As I'd like to fit the zorro shell to my carnage . . Cheers 

It’s a whole new chassis design - I’ve not had my hands in one yet but I suspect the rear diff case will be Carnage or very similar, it’s an IRS back end the same as the Torro nitro truck, but everything in the middle is new and quite different. 

Hi yea  I can see that from the vid . But nothing on any seller sites (not been released yet. )  but it looks fantastic.. I think FTX has uped there ideas and sorted out the roll problems.  gear stripping . And still left the stupid E clip idea in there rather than upgrade that aswell . As they must know it's not very good . Well I guess I'll need to be a good boy and ask the mrs buy me one  lol 

On 24/08/2021 at 14:55, walkbythesea said:

Loads of pictures on modelsport of the new car and spares already available for preorder so you can see what the bare chassis looks like

Cool I missed them  I'll have another look . 

Hi   has anyone bought the new ftx zorro brushless yet . . Its  now in stock at ftx.com  

Just looking at the photos  it looks longer than the carnage an the old (say old ) zorro  as it has a full chassis (well two parts  like the old zorro front and vantage ) 

Wonder if the front chassis plate is the standard zorro /vantage  on the new zorro as the chassis is for sale alone minus the front part .. 

On 09/09/2021 at 21:29, Nicholas Jones said:

are you using a custom rollcage at the start?

No, I planned to use the new orange shell that day but it rained so stuck with the old shell. I just rested the orange shell on the truck for some pics! I did wonder if anyone would spot that lol - well done!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boost Daddy said:

No, I planned to use the new orange shell that day but it rained so stuck with the old shell. I just rested the orange shell on the truck for some pics! I did wonder if anyone would spot that lol - well done!

what body are you using to take pictures with?

what is the name?