• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cheap 4 bolt engine

wolfie1

So whats the general thoughts on these?  Seen 32cc  engines for sale on ebay for like £135 new and was wondering if it was worth a punt or if they are just a disaster, there was a time when Rovan models were considered not very good and now many folls have them and seem to do quite well, so i was wondering if these engines were any good as i think i have killed my 30cc engine and a complete engine is not much more expensive than a crankcase half

thanks

Edited by wolfie1

I've personally seen both ends of the spectrum. But it also comes down to user care.

They've upped their game recently though. But maybe they are getting more known in the field.

Personally, I'd buy Zenoah, great price and worth the extra, But if I were in a pinch, I'd go for KM over Rovan.

5 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

I've personally seen both ends of the spectrum. But it also comes down to user care.

They've upped their game recently though. But maybe they are getting more known in the field.

Personally, I'd buy Zenoah, great price and worth the extra, But if I were in a pinch, I'd go for KM over Rovan.

Thanks, im not needing to buy a rovan or km just the engine this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183941811481 and with  it costing the same as a say f5.9 nitro engine it seems like your getting a lot for your money but is it!

2 hours ago, mond said:

Occasionally people sell brand new G320s that have been taken out of 5ive 2.0s and put them on ebay. I'd look for one of those. They normally go for around £200.

Thanks, i worry about buying second hand engines as you just dont know what your getting

Edited by wolfie1

30 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Thanks, im not needing to buy a rovan or km just the engine this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183941811481 and with  it costing the same as a say f5.9 nitro engine it seems like your getting a lot for your money but is it!

That's non branded, would avoid it myself to be honest. No idea what the carb is either, IF you have an issue with it, you'll be dealing with someone out of the country.

Why not rebuild your own engine. Go for ported barrel and bigger bore. Then put new bearings and seals on at same time. Get a reasonable power output that will be more than the 32cc on ebay could ever dream of. 

3 hours ago, Mack1 said:

Why not rebuild your own engine. Go for ported barrel and bigger bore. Then put new bearings and seals on at same time. Get a reasonable power output that will be more than the 32cc on ebay could ever dream of. 

It was just so cheap for a complete engine, i just wondered if was worth a punt or not

5 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

That's non branded, would avoid it myself to be honest. No idea what the carb is either, IF you have an issue with it, you'll be dealing with someone out of the country.

Thanks, You reckons the carb would be the only potential bad spot on it, or the whole lot being junk?

Edited by wolfie1

12 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Thanks, You reckons the carb would be the only potential bad spot on it, or the whole lot being junk?

I'd say whole thing, I wouldn't put my money on something that comes from China when you'll have no after care at all.

It's probably the same as Rovan or KM, but why risk it?

hello there I am new to all this rc building. Can i please have some advice on how to build a rc car. I want to build a petrol one but, i can't weld anything together.

You normally buy a kit and put it together yourself, or you buy a rtr  (ready to run), there is really not very many folks that build from scratch. You say petrol do you mean petrol or nitro as the latter is far more common and cheaper

Edited by wolfie1