• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Strada MT/XT/SC etc owners

Couldnt find a strada owners club so i thought i would make one, as im getting one delivered on tuesday. admins feel free to delete this thread if there is already an owners. Does anyone know what chassis's share this platform so i can fine cheaper ally parts thanks.

mv12623.jpg

s-l500.jpg

9 hours ago, iRiCkYx said:

i have a Maverick Strada MT and just recently converted it to a 4S Setup!

Will be uploading the running video soon!

Hey dude, i stumbled across your youtube channel a couple of days ago. i was watching the video where you go over all the upgrades you've done on yours. 

Great videos :)

Take a look:

Yeah it's HSP, similar to the Absima models of this scale.

I have the XB and it has a load of parts from the HSP on it, but there is certainly some differences.

Shock towers, A-Arms, Shocks, chassis (it's basically mirrored), motor mount, chassis brace.
Many of the HSP parts are still compatible, even if they're slightly different.

Also be cautious of gearing, pretty sure it's a MOD 0.8, but a lot of the HSP parts are 0.6.

Maverick also add shims to the diff, but otherwise the parts are the same.

I'm amazed you managed to get 4s to work, I can't even get the buggy running nice on 2s without it spinning out under a bit of power.

so mine got delivered today and im very impressed with the build quality for the price.

one thing i did notice is the camber and toe out on the front was all over the place. Also the dogbone is very much on the verge of falling out on the front. i can see this being an issue. wonder if there is any CVD shaft available? other than that i saw on beyondRC's channel something about putting O rings in the drive cups.

Not sure but it's the one with the dual shocks. The designs been around for about 15-20 years and it used to not handle brushless power well at all, seems maverick have tweaked it to handle it well now tho.

13 hours ago, Zyphruk said:

so mine got delivered today and im very impressed with the build quality for the price.

one thing i did notice is the camber and toe out on the front was all over the place. Also the dogbone is very much on the verge of falling out on the front. i can see this being an issue. wonder if there is any CVD shaft available? other than that i saw on beyondRC's channel something about putting O rings in the drive cups.

I've tried a few universals and CVD options, none of them really worked well. If you do decide to try one, make sure you also get some hexes that can clamp onto the driveshaft to prevent over-tightening.

10 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

I've tried a few universals and CVD options, none of them really worked well. If you do decide to try one, make sure you also get some hexes that can clamp onto the driveshaft to prevent over-tightening.

brill, think im gonna order the maverick ones since theyre only £22, i'll see how i get on

On 23/06/2020 at 08:48, Paul Busby said:

Yeah it's HSP, similar to the Absima models of this scale.

I have the XB and it has a load of parts from the HSP on it, but there is certainly some differences.

Shock towers, A-Arms, Shocks, chassis (it's basically mirrored), motor mount, chassis brace.
Many of the HSP parts are still compatible, even if they're slightly different.

Also be cautious of gearing, pretty sure it's a MOD 0.8, but a lot of the HSP parts are 0.6.

Maverick also add shims to the diff, but otherwise the parts are the same.

I'm amazed you managed to get 4s to work, I can't even get the buggy running nice on 2s without it spinning out under a bit of power.

Pretty much stripped the spur straight away on 4s! Have a couple spares on order so will see how it goes probably doesn't help the fact these dont have a slipper clutch to take some of the strain off the transmission. I believe HSP do a steel Spur but as mentioned it is larger so would have to cut the chassis to make it fit possibly then switching to 0.6.

I think the way forward for me now is see how it goes on 4s and then may revert to 3s and gear up to a larger pinion. 

4s is a lovely idea and i hope i can find a way to make it work perfectly fine but maybe these trucks simply can't handle that amount of power being put through them . 

Edited by iRiCkYx

1 hour ago, iRiCkYx said:

Pretty much stripped the spur straight away on 4s! Have a couple spares on order so will see how it goes probably doesn't help the fact these dont have a slipper clutch to take some of the strain off the transmission. I believe HSP do a steel Spur but as mentioned it is larger so would have to cut the chassis to make it fit possibly then switching to 0.6.

I think the way forward for me now is see how it goes on 4s and then may revert to 3s and gear up to a larger pinion. 

4s is a lovely idea and i hope i can find a way to make it work perfectly fine but maybe these trucks simply can't handle that amount of power being put through them . 

That was also me talking to you on youtube 😂

I also have a 0.6 one here that I have never bothered trying, on 2S geared up it just takes the punishment tbh, problem I 've` had is the handling.

10 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

That was also me talking to you on youtube 😂

I also have a 0.6 one here that I have never bothered trying, on 2S geared up it just takes the punishment tbh, problem I 've` had is the handling.

😂 come to think of it i do recognise your name now!!

Yeah i mean i will see how it goes once i make a few changes and may even forget the 4s idea and go for 3s geared up and hope the stock spur holds up!

Just fitted some ally C  hubs and knuckles. got some CVDs coming on Saturday along with some ally hexs. struggling to find any ally rear hubs though. 

105797489_3053898071372151_5162716051959821649_n.jpg

105865849_2666776280203546_7995633375494728347_n.jpg

So today i installed my stainless steel screw kit. it took forever.

Cannot say i would recommend the screw kit i bought, it doesn't seem like it was tailored for the strada at all. it was missing 23 screws i needed but came with LOADS of screws i didn't need and this is supposed to be for this car.

As you can see by the pic this is the amount of screws i had left over. Not complaining about having free screws but i would rather have the correct ones i was missing than loads of surplus ones.

the overall quality of the screws was good though, cant knock it.

105734600_587368671978147_7943038315139678109_n.jpg

105899687_714691019330411_9123691066075672620_n.jpg

105980504_736396580503359_4382135797058245710_n.jpg

The intention was probably for the cap head screws to replace a load of the button head screws, where clearence isnt an issue.

Cap heads are way better if you can use them. They're less likely to strip, and if they do strip, you can grab them with pliers to take them out.

BTW guys, as I have a strada here at home, and I have been making some bashing bumpers for Arrma cars, would people be interested in bumpers for these if I make them up? Price will be less than £20

Just gauging if there will be interest at the moment.

Similar kind of thing to what T-Bone do.

20200626_180302.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zyphruk said:

@Paul Busby ooo thats tempting to get, what are they made of?

Kydex. It's pretty easy stuff to work with and you can pick the material up off ebay fairly cheap.

Not going to pretend it's something only I can do, but I have gone through quite a bit of trial and error to get to where I am, and it's still not quite perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2020 at 23:20, Zyphruk said:

That thing is an absolute weapon on 4S! do you have a top down pic of the chassis, interested in how your mounting the batteries. thanks

Apologies only just seen this

so i just used two velcro straps and drilled into the chassis like below!

20200705-143554.jpg               

20200705-143559.jpg

This thing is running great on 4s now it's an absolute beast almost uncontrollable!