• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traction Hobby Founder

Having done a bit of research about the esc, out the box the founder is speccd as 2s max, but the esc is a custom HW Dual 860, which is capable of 4s, and the newer founder 2/cragsman rated at 3s on the same spec esc without the winch, winch controller on the founder spec is 2s, so bye bye winch hello 3s 😁 makes life easier 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Few details, my 3600mah 3s fits nicely in the battery tray 👍IMG_20200623_152527.thumb.jpg.922811f6e9199f527279c707c5913adc.jpg

Carbon chassis and aluminium gearbox IMG_20200623_152439.thumb.jpg.f461b0e7eec3d741eb9750ff268e1423.jpg

Poison Spider licenced axles and bumpers IMG_20200623_152405.thumb.jpg.01781c2db3f3504318a2db69d83bc343.jpg

Forward mounted battery. 

IMG_20200623_152457.jpg

IMG_20200623_152410.jpg

Took the founder out for its first run with me, current suspension set up could do with a bit of tweaking, nice and soft for trail, but once it gets a bit more edgy too soft, so will play around with damper oil and preload. 

I've got some rc4wd rock crushers that'll go, as the tyres on there don't have much grip even vented. 

With the battery mounted high up in the front is noticeable, so may have a play around with battery position. 

For it's size it is a cracking truck. 

IMG_20200627_114319.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jimplops said:

Took the founder out for its first run with me, current suspension set up could do with a bit of tweaking, nice and soft for trail, but once it gets a bit more edgy too soft, so will play around with damper oil and preload. 

I've got some rc4wd rock crushers that'll go, as the tyres on there don't have much grip even vented. 

With the battery mounted high up in the front is noticeable, so may have a play around with battery position. 

For it's size it is a cracking truck. 

IMG_20200627_114319.jpg

I think you may of got a decent buy with this rig depending how many beer vouchers given, and in this pic is it Goyt valley

Cheers, 

That's Rivington near Bolton. 

It came ARTR so just slapped one of my batteries in. 

Had a quick mock up to reduce the centre of gravity, swap the carbon plate and the electronics box around and then mount the battery tray across the chassis just behind the front wheels, that'll drop the centre of gravity by 25mm.

• Like 2