• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Pit Buddy

SamBird3

I took my Truggy to the track for the first time at the weekend (only been a park basher, never done tracks before) and I must say, I loved it! I was terrible and couldn't complete a lap without hitting something, but it was great fun lol. i'm going to take the Nitro Buggy this weekend as the guys there all said the track is not ideal for a Brushless Truggy, it is easier to drive with a Nitro Buggy due to the layout and size.

A couple of the guys had Pit Buddies for there Nitro Cars and Starter Boxes, I asked where they got them and they just said search for a "Pit Buddy" on line and i should find them. (they were friendlier than that lol, but that was the gist of it)

Well, I can't find them anywhere, does anyone make them still? if so, does anyone know where I can get them? Google isn't bringing much up to be honest, I have found a place in the USA that sells the Turnigy Trackstar Universal Pitbuddy but they do not ship to the UK, and then there is a store in the UK that also sells the same one, but it is over double the price of the American one, so I don't really want to buy that one if they are ripping me off, I want to get a rough price for them, if they are round the price of the UK one then I will pay it, but if they are closer to the US version, I don't want to pay what the UK place is selling for as i'm not a fool lol.

Pictures for reference.

Turnigy Trackstar Pitbuddy….

s-l1600.jpg.d57dda1fbcc656281220ebabfa8a1c98.jpg

Non specified Pit Buddy....

pitbuddy.jpg.36c2c1bf9c632be19efa53117f840117.jpg

I've Just seen Hobbyking has the Turnigy one for sale (but out of stock) for the same price as the USA store, so that shows me the UK stockist I found is a rip off, as it is over double the price!!

I was just going to post something similar.   I really wanted to get my hands on the original Pit Buddy, as shown in your second picture, but am having a really hard time finding out.  I am in the US, and I can get the Trackstar model, but I am not fond of the design.  I hate the plastic box, and really like the old style.  If Trackstar manufactured a model similar to the old Pit Buddy style, I am sure they would be very popular.

If there is anyone out there that would like to sell me their old Pit Buddy, PM me and I would be glad to pay a generous price.

Edited by Sanger80

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...