• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SCX10II or element enduro

Hi all now my comp crawler is just about finished I fancy a scale crawler but can’t decide which one would be the best base to go for between the SCX10II the element enduro or the gen 8 the builder’s kits are about the price I want to pay, any advice would be great. 

The 10.2 and Enduro are both good choices.  In my own experience, I can tell you that the 10.2 is very capable right out of the box, and with just a few mods it’s damn impressive. The Enduro is very well regarded too, I’m sure you wouldn’t be disappointed with either. 

10 minutes ago, Andy-Roo said:

The 10.2 and Enduro are both good choices.  In my own experience, I can tell you that the 10.2 is very capable right out of the box, and with just a few mods it’s damn impressive. The Enduro is very well regarded too, I’m sure you wouldn’t be disappointed with either. 

Thanks  I think I’m leaning more to the element because of the overdrive and good shocks as standard. 

• Like 1

I would recommend the same as above. There are cheaper variants out there but from what I personally have seen they need more to get the performance. 

Again depends upon budget and what you want out of it.... You could always get a leafer and enjoy a challenging drive 👍

• Like 1

Having both the SCX and the Enduro I would suggest the SCX10 ii, the Enduro is great but I think the SCX10 ii has the edge but it is close.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I would recommend the same as above. There are cheaper variants out there but from what I personally have seen they need more to get the performance. 

Again depends upon budget and what you want out of it.... You could always get a leafer and enjoy a challenging drive 👍

Never considered a leafer. What chassis do they come on,  I can’t really afford to spend much more than about £250 on a base kit

2 minutes ago, CarlC said:

Having both the SCX and the Enduro I would suggest the SCX10 ii, the Enduro is great but I think the SCX10 ii has the edge but it is close.

It is a tuff decision I guess there is probably more info and upgrades for the SCX10II 

22 minutes ago, Briclimb said:

Never considered a leafer. What chassis do they come on,  I can’t really afford to spend much more than about £250 on a base kit

Sadly they cost more than that.... I think you can get a rtr for around £500.... RC4WD Mojave... 

For £250 you will be looking as we’re discussing. Not sure what the kit price of a trx4 sport is? That’s a pretty good option but without all the toys and bits to go wrong.... 

• Like 1

The TRX-4 Sport kits are a bit more, a little over £300 if memory serves but they are a nice bit of kit, that was my first crawler and I still run it.

They certainly look fun and performance can be had out of them.  

I went the Capra route for my axles. A buddy of mine whose had both reckons the trx is better easier performance wise... Ultimately the Capra has quite a heavy body compared to a lexan shell but then its integrated for the chassis- swings and roundabouts!!...

Edited by stimpy

17 minutes ago, stimpy said:

They certainly look fun and performance can be had out of them.  

I went the Capra route for my axles. A buddy of mine whose had both reckons the trx is better easier performance wise... Ukrinateky the Capra has quite a heavy body compared to a lexan shell but then its integrated for the chassis- swings and roundabouts!!...

Well a lot depends on how much I can get my misses to spend on my birthday present 😂

• Haha 2