• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Schumacher big six 100mph project, the second attempt as the previous thread just vanished.....

QRC

KcJV8qM.jpg

Boom....

u1pGia4.jpg

this shows the size of this beast, against the two Tams....

DD9Bp1L.jpg

I original purchased the car from @willb who had already converted it from nitro to brushless...I am going to take it to the next level and beyond, which will need a broom and bin bag at the end to clear up...😆

it’s a similar size to an XO 1....

• Like 2

It will need a diffuser underneath otherwise it will just take off...😂😂...spares are very rare, so it might only have one outing, then swept up into a bin bag....🤣

Edited by QRC

Traction seems to be one of the main issues, peeps gun it and expect the tyres to stick to the tarmac, that’s not going to work...🤦‍♂️

So heating up them tyres will be a must and steady on the throttle....😃

The car is very light weight currently, needs weight adding, to help with balance, traction, etc....and not turning into a plane for 5 seconds....😂

Edited by QRC

I've seen a lot of people print them and use the Venturi effect to help keep the car stuck to the ground. 

Compressing air flow to create a vacuum which in turn create down force. 

Edited by Alex97
  • Thanks 1

On 05/06/2020 at 11:56, QRC said:

Traction seems to be one of the main issues, peeps gun it and expect the tyres to stick to the tarmac, that’s not going to work...🤦‍♂️

One of the biggest problems with tyres at high speeds is ballooning. 

What size wheel hexes does the car have? ....17mm?

For speed runs I use GRP's and SP Racing foams on my larger scale RC's (1/8th and 1/7th). The new Dboots "Silver" Hoons are also gaining popularity for speed running although not as cheap as GRP's and definitely not as used/tested. 

Your body shell will also be something you might need to change for high speeds as that's a very flat front it has.

• Like 1

Thank you for insight into the tyre requirements...👍

the body I know is going to cause issues, but that makes more challenging....

life would have been to easy to get a XO 1....😂

1 minute ago, QRC said:

Thank you for insight into the tyre requirements...👍

the body I know is going to cause issues, but that makes more challenging....

life would have been to easy to get a XO 1....😂

You're welcome, ...love speed running so always interested to see others doing it. 

Nah the XO 1 is old hat and never that good imho. Lot of better option cars out there for speed runs now. 

No reason why you can't get your Schumacher up to speed though at all. More fun taking something not made for speed necessarily and making it fast AF. 😈 😎 

• Haha 2