• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

need a place for thunder tiger xxt/xxb spares

hey guys and lassies im doing my nut in trying to find spares for my thunder tiger xxb and xxt.

i need a rear hub carrier but can't seem to source one and the front shock tower,  also got the sparrowhawk drifter as well but thankfully i havent used it much so it is undamaged for the moment.

any ideas to any other models that have compatible parts?  as my sparrowhawks are discontinued  :(

edit: at the moment i have hyper mini st arms on the back along with the hubs and shocks, its not working out well, because of the angle of the shafts, gonna mess about with it more and see what i can get but im not raising my hopes :(

really annoys me that a 250 quid model is made redundant so easy, one hub carrier..... :(

Edited by Yrkoon

well i have it running, not perfect but im getting there, the engine on our hyper st mini is seized up so i stole the back arms of it along with the hubs and drive shafts.

i also took all 4 shocks from the hyper mini st and had to reverse the back supsension arms and hacksaw some poles to the correct length.  after i done all that i discovered a team associtead model has similar parts, got 2 hub carriers on order i will see if they work.

i tried it on a 17 turn motor to first test it, all good but slow,  now it has the brushless 4300kv system back in it, almost good and very fast, gotta sort out the kinks but it lives again :)

now i remember why i like the thunder tigers so much, super grippy even with bald tyres, also able to handle stupid power, the motor i have in it is 1000 kv more than the stock one but on 2s it is a nice middle ground between the original motor on 3s and 2s :)

not a single attempt of wheelies, just glued to the ground :D

Edited by Yrkoon

• 3 weeks later...

stilla work in progress but almost done.

ulhvneC.jpg

t5b8xxa.jpg

that is what a xxt looks like with inverted hyper mini st arms on the back and all the hyper mini shocks, on a flux shot 4300kv motor, think it is the stock motor etc for the hpi bullet, goes sweet on 2s on the xxt,.

it lives again and goes stupidly fast and can skid brake instantly on 2s, im still on the look out for any thing that can fit it, but for the moment it is going sweet , i know the back wheels are in more than the front still handles awesome:D

cart wheels the best i have ever seen broke the spoiler and a metal rod for a supsension arm i had to hack saw a new one :P

the original motor and esc is in my bandit and the bandits original xl 5 is in my sand viper, it is awesome how stuff can just filter down :)

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 2