• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vanquish VS4-10 Ultra - First Build......Oh Boy

Some of my old paint jobs were absolute horror stories [emoji23]
I learnt a bit from that hemi something dude on utube and now don't approach it with near as much trepidation!
The trick is in the masking and masses of patience. Something a lot of us are not good at [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@DartmoorTrails Yeah I like HemiStorm (is that the guy, I think it is) and his channel. I like how somewhat blunt he is. Mind you I am not sure I will ever have his patience.......... but I may try liquid mask some time

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CarlC said:

@DartmoorTrails Yeah I like HemiStorm (is that the guy, I think it is) and his channel. I like how somewhat blunt he is. Mind you I am not sure I will ever have his patience.......... but I may try liquid mask some time

Yeah I bought some liquid stuff now but didn’t need it yet.... Will try in the future... 

That bed looks great Carl 👌
To paint the window surround, just mask off the whole window and then, using a very sharpe knife (I use a scalpel, with a long handle for balance) cut along the inner and outer raised frame. Remove the the thin strip of masking tape all the way around and paint.  It sounds like a phaff but it’s pretty easy - the very sharp blade is the key, the less pressure means a nice slow cut that’s straight. 

@Jimboi Performance from the truck was great, no so good from the tyres, they really clogged up. Am going to put some proline hyrax on it and see how it likes them.

• Like 1

@CarlC I like what you've done with the battery tray. I bet it moves the weight off the battery down a bit.

It of interest, is it recommended to inspect and rebuild the transmission regularly and if so, how often?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

@Jimboi I don't really know what other people do with regard to rebuilding transmissions. I just wanted to make sure that everything was good in the VFD transmission as it was the first one of these I have built and its not unknown for me to mess up lol. Thankfully, it is really easy to get the transmission out of the VS4-10, so it just thought, lets make sure it is all okay as it has had around 20 hours driving now. Was very happy, looks like I didn't mess up and everything looks great.

I do tend to check any new build transmission after a few weeks running, then I rarely open them at all. Both my TRX-4s where checked once and then........ I really should check them again lol.

• Like 2

Small packs are definitely the way to go. I really should try and time how much I’m getting out of a 1300 pack, but I’d guess 45mins to an hour. Small packs are cheap too. 

The VS is looking great Carl 👌

• Thanks 1

Hi Carl,

Ultra is looking great. Whats your verdict comparing the Ultra vs. Trx4 especially regarding capabilitys? Could you make a shootout between them maybe?

Cheers 

Thomas