• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Where has c0sie been hiding for the last 7 years?! FAO Nick :)

Woohoo, what a roller coaster Chris! Glad you made it out the other side a stronger man. :good: Well done.

The Micro scene really took off with you, wouldn't of been anything otherwise. Do BRCA still do micro events?

Good to have you back, the forum has been busier than usual due to lockdown, it's fun! :) Thank-you for the kind words.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Woohoo, what a roller coaster Chris! Glad you made it out the other side a stronger man. :good: Well done.

The Micro scene really took off with you, wouldn't of been anything otherwise. Do BRCA still do micro events?

Good to have you back, the forum has been busier than usual due to lockdown, it's fun! :) Thank-you for the kind words.

No, the BRCA Micro events died off for various reasons, one main reason being the introduction of the BRCA hard cased lipo rule. I totally understand the rule, but it kinda priced micros out of the LiPo market then - paying £30+ for a LiPo, needing a few to handle a National meeting, on a car worth £150 or so just meant that Micros lost their cost effectiveness.

Sad times, but all good things come to a close.

Glad to see MSUK thriving through - RCRaceChat died, oOple is a lot lot quieter now, and FB Groups (which I hate) just sucked the life blood out of forums. Glad that MSUK has weathered the storm mate :)

MSUK-Forum has always done well, not particularly sure what I do right others don't. :lol:

FB groups have their place, I don't think they offer what a forum does, I don't really see them as competition.

I guess you heard about Jimmy at oOple? It got really quiet since he sadly passed away.

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

MSUK-Forum has always done well, not particularly sure what I do right others don't. :lol:

FB groups have their place, I don't think they offer what a forum does, I don't really see them as competition.

I guess you heard about Jimmy at oOple? It got really quiet since he sadly passed away.

Re: MSUK - having such a wide catch net for a target audience (bashers, racers, across all scales) probably means that as one class/scene dies the others take up the slack. You'll be running this in your retirement!

Re: FB Groups - I am an old school forum lover - I cant easily navigate a FB group, cant easily find information, and to ensure I am aware of all goings on I have to follow like 30 different groups! *shudder* - long life forums.

Re: Jimmy. RIP - sad sad sad times. He was such a huge influence to me, across how to run a niche forum, how to promote events and publish race reports - will forever miss that guy :(

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic to here you have won your battle with mental health. It's a bloody hard one to win. So well done dude.  I see your in Cheltenham? I live in Gloucester and have a small group of people that live in the area who do rc.  Add me if you wnst to meet up and have a Bash. Always good to have more people involved 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back c0sie

Glad to hear you made it out the other side. I remember hanging about on uk micro rc 

As it goes I've not long picked up the tools and started to get back into it all. Even found hidden away in the cupboard one of my old 18t shells with the uk micro decals on it. 

Is Tamiyacowboy still about ? 

7 hours ago, danh said:

Welcome back c0sie

Glad to hear you made it out the other side. I remember hanging about on uk micro rc 

As it goes I've not long picked up the tools and started to get back into it all. Even found hidden away in the cupboard one of my old 18t shells with the uk micro decals on it. 

Is Tamiyacowboy still about ? 

Did you know @danh you were the 3rd member registered on this site? :lol: That's in the new database, we had a forum before 2004 but we lost all the data and had to create accounts again.

Out of those from 2004, only myself, you and @Garry are active. :)

8 hours ago, Nick said:

Did you know @danh you were the 3rd member registered on this site? :lol: That's in the new database, we had a forum before 2004 but we lost all the data and had to create accounts again.

Out of those from 2004, only myself, you and @Garry are active. :)

I couldn't even tell you when I signed up to the first one. Doom56 was about in those days if I remember right 

I remember saying Hey to you Cris at a Kemble outdoor BTCC meeting - I wore my UMRC shirt incase you were there lol. i remember I was having a nightmare day running a new car and brushless which was causing all sorts of thermal  issues so  didn't stop long for a chat.

Its like a family reunion on here lately!

5 hours ago, danh said:

I couldn't even tell you when I signed up to the first one. Doom56 was about in those days if I remember right 

That's right yep, he took over from TMX. 👍 Neither were around long.