• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Absima assassin 6s.

savagejoe

So I made an snap decision the other day and bought an absima assassin 6s with out really looking at it or into it. Would have been pointless mind as there isn't much info on these things unless it's in German. 

So I thought I would Share my experience with it so far. Bought from modelsport for £430 or there abouts which is cheaper than the equivalent arrma. I have owned a kraton and an outcast and just from unboxing alone without driving any of them I would say the arrmas are better. 

Firstly the box isn't much of an advertisement pritty much blank. ( on the bright side is fully recyclable) the packaging inside is good enough but again its lacking a bit. You get the absima CR2p remote which is a good remote really I prefer it to the ones you get with the arrma. 

You get the usual manuals which has been translated from German (not very well but good enough to understand) you also get a bind plug for the remote which I have never received with an rc before. The biggest downside was the fact that there's no tools included with the truck at all. I mean even traxxas provide a few allan keys and bits. I know this isn't the end of the world but it's allways nice to get free tools as spares. 

Again pulling the truck out was more dissapoiment. The shell mount holes had been predrilled but the excess material was still attached (again only small but these things shouldn't be happening in my opinion) now the wheels and tyres look awsome rims look like beadlocks (haven't checked if they are yet) now the tyres are soft and the foams inside are soft so It looks like they will turn into pizza cutters at the touch of the throttle. 

The rest of the truck I really liked the chassis design Is a nice layout with a battery tray at each side. The esc and motor are made by hobbywing so should be reliable.

The arms and hubs are all the same all around and they look quite beefy dont think they look as strong as the kratons I did break one of them first run. 

I'm hopefully going to get her out this weekend and l will come back with my experience. And some photos 

• Like 3

I remember buying the Hyper SS Te roller on a whim a bit like this. I was supremely disappointed the second the box came, and as it went on it just got worse and worse. I just had to chalk it up as an RC loss. Hope you have better luck with it! 

So got her out on the street a few times this weekend. Unfortunately broke my phone on Friday and the new one didn’t arrive until today. Got a little video but not the best and the battery’s died straight away so no good videos yet but I’m off Tuesday so i will get I good video then weather permitting.  
Any way the thing handles quite well on the road and the tyres do flare out allot like I thought they would it does wheelie but only just. 
now time for another thing i found wrong with it. The steering servo has a damaged case works perfectly but again not a good thing. 

It will backflip off of the kicker in the video but only just where as both the arrma outcast and the krayton will backflip a lot easier.

at this point I’m still wishing I bought another arrma. But  I haven’t been off road with this yet and that’s where it belongs really. I’m pretty sure that the absima is faster I haven’t fitted the high speed pinion yet. 
I will upload some photos in a bit and this is the quick video 

I wish I could tell you the beer belly was down the the lockdown but it’s not.

Soooo I was worried for nothing.

this thing is awesome managed to get her out briefly and I haven’t had as much fun with an Rc for a long while. Don’t get me wrong this truck is no where perfect but It does everything I asked it to and more now I split the shell almost immediately and I somehow bent a rear spring. But 15ft jumps  into cartwheels and landing flat on it it’s roof and that’s the only thing that was damaged I mean I broke the arrma kraytonS arm first jump like that. 
Really need to have some proper run time with it and have a proper look into it but at this time I think it’s awesome. 

I will get some photos this weekend I promise and if I get her out I will do my best to get a proper video.

• Thanks 1

Def agree some pics are needed the ones MS have don't show much at all.  Absima rigs have been fine in my experience - but that was mostly based on the (TeamC / Abisma) TR8 and versions thereof - parts commonality etc.  Robust and reliable - biggest issue was parts - much was pricey, and 'pro' upgrade parts (from the kit versions for the RTR) we're astronomical.  Then parts supply longevity has been an issue.  Form MS pics it looks like this shares little if anything with the older rigs - but of the parts in stock prices look reasonable.

When this launched, based on MS pics I thought it was massively overpriced,  but did not the 4S version seems identical bar electrics - which would be my choice then sell stock 4s set up, replace with a 6S Max8 and suitable motor and still save a few quid.

For anyone interested MS product page:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-1-8-monster-truck-assassin-2-0-6s-rtr/rc-car-products/446917

Absima 1:8 Monster Truck Assassin 2.0 6S RTR 13122

• Thanks 1

They seem to share all parts like you say but they list diffs for the 4s and the 6s so they must be stronger for the 6s version.

Also just another thing that I have found that in my opinion is a bit lazy is the facts that it isn’t water proof only splash proof. The esc is water proof and the receiver box seems to be water tight So only left would be the servo don’t get me wrong I try avoid diving in the wet but it would be nice it it came standard as waterproof. I have a few waterproof servos kicking around but I’m trying to leave it standard until I absolutely need to to see just how strong /reliable it is.

the only thing that’s damaged so far is shell cracked which it is going to do with a landing like that and a bent rear spring but it might have been bent when it arrived.

So not been able to get out with her this weekend as I have 2 poorly babies. Anyway I have managed to have a better look at her

so first I wanted to know if the wheels where infact bead-locks and I can confirm that they are absima have also glued the tyres to the rims 

also wanted to see if the shocks had enough oil in them so removed them and again I confirm that they do didn’t like the top bush on the top of the shocker though felt cheap and looked like something from a toy grade although I am sure it will serve it’s purpose.

I can also confirm that the arms and hubs are the same front and rear although they are sided 

also I had a look at the motor mount as they stated in the advert that it was only two screws to remove the motor which is the case for adjustment but I think to remove it completely you would need to remove the side skirts.

as for the quality of it it looked very cheap looks like it will hold up but it’s just not aesthetically pleasing and seen as they have gone to the trouble of anodising the rest of the alloy parts I think it’s just lazy.

I also went round all accessible screws and checked they were tight and I was happy that they were some where probably a bit too tight and that comes from me who manages to strip nuts and bolts on real cars.

but all in all I’m still happy with my purchase.8891796F-9108-4BCC-8225-2ABC56911496.thumb.jpeg.78be160eeb61eb7260d9150132efc231.jpegC7DD07E4-2E55-4AC0-BE06-64BC2D806C29.thumb.jpeg.6b4b483cb226876e50b9ed0286ba9c0f.jpeg

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Theocy said:

Hello do you think i should get this beautiful absima or should i get a traxxas rustler vxl 4x4. They are similarly priced here in Cyprus, however the absima requires 2 batteries if i am not mistaken? 

Thank you 

I have the Absima and it's an absolutely brilliant truck, very durable and parts are easily available online. I'd go for it :)

• 4 months later...

hello everybody, 

i am quite new to rc truggys,  i recently purchashed  an  absima assassin 6s  from modelsport for £349.00...   i do like it  for the price,   its strong and quite fast,  all the other 6s  truggys, buggys etc were £500+..   i dont think the shock springs are strong enough ,  they are an awkward size to replace :  20mm x 70mm   i have tried to upgrade them but i cannot find a 20mm spring...   Also could somebody please post how to change the pinon please,   i tried but could not do it...   

regards mick.