• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New guy saying hello

Morning 

like many of us of a certain age , I am looking at getting back into 1/10th electric buggy racing .

I have touched base with a local club and have been invited along when everything opens up again .

I’ve been doing some reading trying to work would which mid range 1/10 scale 4WD vehicle would best suit someone looking at racing ( at a basic level ) 

my club contact as advised me that Yokomo are about to release a new 4WD buggy and then there is Xray or team Associated. Budget isn’t really an issue for the right car. 

I am very much open minded at this stage , so if any experienced racers could recommend a good middle of the pack 4wd buggy for club level newbie racing id be very grateful. 

many thanks 

Dave 

23 hours ago, Retroracer77 said:

Morning 

like many of us of a certain age , I am looking at getting back into 1/10th electric buggy racing .

I have touched base with a local club and have been invited along when everything opens up again .

I’ve been doing some reading trying to work would which mid range 1/10 scale 4WD vehicle would best suit someone looking at racing ( at a basic level ) 

my club contact as advised me that Yokomo are about to release a new 4WD buggy and then there is Xray or team Associated. Budget isn’t really an issue for the right car. 

I am very much open minded at this stage , so if any experienced racers could recommend a good middle of the pack 4wd buggy for club level newbie racing id be very grateful. 

many thanks 

Dave 

Dave,

Has the contact confirmed that 4wd is well supported at the club?  2wd tends to be more popular at the moment and if you're just getting into racing you want something that you can race each week.  I race 2wd every week (pre Covid anyway!) and some weeks there are not enough 4wd to run their own heat.

Also well worth getting whatever the majority run at the club.  It helps with set up tips, and of course sharing spares!

Just something worth checking.

Hi Mark 

Yes did check - 2wd is more popular , but they do have and run a 4wd class. 

once the lockdown is over and clubs are up and running again I will be heading down for a visit 

in the meantime are you able to suggest a couple of 4wd mid level racing kits that are worth looking at please ? 

I’m so out of date with what would be competitive... I was half tempted to rock up with an old school Tamyia 😂 

ive read Yokomo was about to release a new 4WD buggy - and I’ve read that you can’t go wrong with X-Ray also - so much choice..