• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What kit for garden bashing?

craikeybaby

Despite not yet having finished my current project (Tamiya MX-5, to look like my old 1:1 model), I’m already thinking about the next one!

I enjoy the build as much as driving, so would like suggestions for a kit for something that I can use off road, the woods near my house, but given the lockdown, initially in my garden. 
Growing up I really liked the look of the stadium trucks, RC10T/Schumacher Storm etc, but they seem to have died out. The options seem to be buggies (probably Schumacher retro Cougar or one of the Tamiya DT-03s) or a monster truck, which I am sure my monster truck obsessed 4 year old would love, something like a Blackfoot or possibly a Lunchbox. 
What type of model do people recommend for bashing?

Edited by craikeybaby

You went from Schumacher Cougar to Lunchbox, very different models. :lol: But out of those the Lunchbox is a great choice. It's a good kit to build, silly and fun to use and great for small gardens.

I'd save the buggies for when you can get out and about again, where you have the space.

I think it is going to have to be the lunch box - especially after looking at what is still in stock!

The Lunchbox was never on my radar when I was growing up, it was all about buggies and trucks, but the Lunchbox certainly seems ideal. Why is it so popular against say a Blackfoot?

I bet one of the best rcs no budget for any garden would be an MT converted from scale truck. Not fast but fun and can be great technical drivers to garden side board obstacle driving.  Out of all the rcs I've owned the scx10 has been the top garden rc. Goes anywhere drags itself out of the bushes. This year were gonna convert some dead space into obstacle areas let the kids go head to head. 

Mayb one day I'll build an MT from scale truck and be the sir killalot to their scalers lol. Tag and all that. Balloon pop. I think they really are the most fun garden rcs. My rcs are always too fast even for my garden which is pretty big but still pretty much one jump turn around go again. 

• 3 years later...