• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ProBoat SonicWake 36" (Photos & Videos)

targetingxmod

So i got now a ProBoat SonicWake 36" Rc boat...

First thing i did was unboxing it, and solder some real connector's to the esc...

Here are the first pic's and the very first video... :)

KPPVd3H.jpg?1
-80kmh out of the box? To be proved...by experience i will get around 75/+78kmh on a average day! Can't wait to test it!

QQltXDi.jpg

DZpcZjH.jpg?1
-Photos of the Rc Boat family i have!

HfnlDeA.jpg?1
-Do i see some EC5 series connectors?

u31TEX0.jpg?1
-Not anymore! :)

• Like 1

Yes it is!

This thread is old news... since i have for about an year... but will post what i did in the time being...

Got it on the water... :P

2bfqjKh.jpg?1

ZM1F8nL.jpg?1
-Made 81kmh bone stock...except for that OSE 8 speed conector :) lol

Went airbone once! Nothing happen beside that! Need to keep an eye on the nose uping...

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, John Booth said:

The LVC cuts in and you limp back to  shore  ! 😁👍

Get ya. OK so not all doom and gloom then or swimming. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had my Sonic lake 36 for about 3 months I've taken it out approximately eight times the last time before this eighth time my steering servo locked up and was stuck and Left Bank thank the Lord I brought my recovery boat with me to get it back but I was going to take it out today and upon arrival at the lake I noticed one of the wires coming off the ESC the black one is melting it looks to me like it was a bad solder joint where the ESC female end is soldered.https://photos.app.goo.gl/KhJvMem4WLcCHnJY9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice videos!

Out of interest, how long are you getting run time wise with your Sonicwake? I'm not seeing 10 minutes with 5000mAh LiPos which is surprising. It's a big boat I guess!

I also had initial overheating issues, after some extensive research, how the connectors are soldered is paramount within the Sonicwake. I'm running XT90s, I had to strip almost too much wire, force each into the connector so it crinks slightly and solder that in place. Basically, cram as much wire in as you can and fill with plenty of solder. Took a while but it stopped all my overheating issues even after running 5 different pairs of LiPos one after the other.

Just wish I got longer run times! I'm toying with the idea of swapping out the stock ESC for the Hobbywing Seaking 180A in the coming days.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...