• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Charging the SCX24 battery?

MattW123

I just got an Axial SCX24. I changed the battery once with the charger it came with. I then went to charge it again and the charger is showing a flashing red light. A bit of research indicated this means the charger is buggered. I have an overland charger for my bigger batteries and ideally would like to use that to charge the battery, but can’t find a suitable adapter. Does anyone have a solution? Cheers.

1 hour ago, coda_zac said:

It looks like a JST PH 2.0. Just make sure it's the correct connector and buy some  female ( or pair)  of eBay and make one yourself.

Thanks. The charger they supply uses the balance lead to charge but I am unsure if I should connect the balance lead to the overland charger via banana plugs or if I’d use the main JST PH 2.0 via banana plugs and then the balance lead to the balance lead input on the charger. 

• 1 month later...

I diddnt have any JST 2.0 2 pin plugs either as my charger was DOA also.
Hooked it up to my charger with some thin wires on crocodile clips,carefully insulated...... until my plugs arrive.
[emoji41]

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Yoshimoto said:

I diddnt have any JST 2.0 2 pin plugs either as my charger was DOA also.
Hooked it up to my charger with some thin wires on crocodile clips,carefully insulated...... until my plugs arrive.
emoji41.png

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

lol, I’ve had some arrive today for that very same job :rofl:

• Like 1