• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated RIVAL MT10 Monster Truck

Kukynas

2 hours ago, Kukynas said:

bashing these cars in low temp weather doesn't help to those plastic parts, fortunately in case of need entire set of 4 arms cost 10 bucks so no big deal https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/299090/

Plus, doing jump after jump after jump like that, could crack one piece, then crack another piece, then finally break completely.

It hasn't put me off wanting one.

On 26/02/2020 at 21:38, Oh How Original said:

It's actually £233, but still... Yes anyone can.

https://www.makeitbuildit.co.uk/team-associated-rival-mt10-rtr-truck-brushless-2-3s-rated-85343

Use code; welcomeback... I am not affiliated with them and get nothing, but their prices are excellent and so is the service.

They are getting back to me tomorrow with an exact delivery date, if it's the beginning of March or earlier, I may pre-order.

Just noticed theyre only 10 miles away for me. Hmmm

17 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I will report my findings, work isn't terribly busy at the moment, so hopefully by next weekend I will have given it a run, have some footage and post my thoughts on it.

All being well with the weather and whatnot.

You order it from make it build it?

Just now, Oh How Original said:

Yeah, they got back to me and said they've got hands on, so I ordered it... £17 cheaper than MS, which IMO is a good saving.

Should hopefully go well next to the Senton.

Fair play, thought you only did slow things?

10 minutes ago, Guns said:

Fair play, thought you only did slow things?

My Yeti and my Senton definitely aren't slow :P 

I tend to go through phases though, summer I tend to bash a bit more, because I can chuck one on my motorbike and head out, then in winter we tend to crawl a bit more because we go in the car a bit further away.

Nobody can say I go easy on my RCs and don't do durability tests properly :D 

Now I need to hunt out some arms, although from memory does anyone know if the Helion stuff fits? I am sure they look the same.

Or has anyone ever used the CML 'Kibo' option? Never used it myself, wondering if it's worth it, they claim to have lots of stock of arms.

FCD8IlE.jpg

Edited by Oh How Original

1 hour ago, Kukynas said:

Helion should fit and wheelspin should have stock as posted earlier https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/299090/

btw, how it handles?

I don't shop at Wheelspin, but I did order some of the Avenge arms earlier on, they looked close enough to me :D

Handles awesome, personally I think it's enough just on 2s, it doesn't quite have the power of 3s of course and won't backflip on demand like 3s does, but it suits the truck in my opinion, being quite short wheelbase.

I actually am considering purchasing the Granite now, or maybe the Big Rock from Arrma, to compare them.

The arm broke due to my error, backflipped it and landed badly, totally my fault.

I hope RPM make some arms for it eventually though, for us in the UK during the cold winter, most plastic is very brittle, but RPM seems to survive well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I still think it's great value.

RPM got back to me and sadly said they've no interest in making arms at this moment in time.

I've asked them if they can confirm any other RPM arm will fit, waiting for a reply.

I've put Helion Avenge arms on it now, 12-13quid for a full set which is better than 24quid for the Associated ones.

The Helion stuff is supposed to be pretty tough as well, I know their 10th scale MT was very tough.

Not tested it again yet though, been working, had to cover a 14 hour shift for someone yesterday and same tomorrow... I might get out this afternoon with the Rival or my Senton, I shall report back when I've more info/opinion :) 

Well since people wanted to see another outing, I decided to take it out, this one lasted way shorter than the last bash, didn't even get much done and the same side arm has gone.

It wasn't even on a jump, it was on a roll.

I will say it's very chilly today, to the point I wasn't going to bother going out.

But yeah, not having too much luck, I just need to check and see if these arms are flipable, if not, I will contact Helion and Associated with regards to purchasing a bunch of front arms.

I really don't want to give up on the truck because it's a lot of fun, the elecs are actually very good, no lag in the radio like the more expensive Arrma Outcast I've just got and ran and the platform is good.

But the same arm breaking twice, seems to be more than luck involved.

RPM really needs to get some arms made for this truck, everyone who owns one will buy them.

I'm not ready for giving up on the platform just yet :) the arm will be fixed and it will go out once more, I have Tuesday/Wednesday off, so hoping for one of those days to be able to take it to some grassy jumps, will report back with my findings.

As always I will be upfront and honest and let people know what happens, in the end if it's weak, it's weak and it will be sold on to someone who won't be as rough with it.

Apologies in advance for the wind noise, not much I can do about that.

• Sad 1

Thats a real shame, going through a bit of a tough period in my life and was really considering getting back into RC just to keep my occupied, and this looks ideal.... Although Ive literally just spent the money I had aside for this on some headphones......

Have to see what happens long term with with these, Im on a job this week the involves driving passed Wheelspin and a the place you got yours from.... probably would have picked on up if I didn't impulse buy some headphones just....

Ill keep checking in

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Am I right in thinking the Helion has plastic A Arm braces and this has aluminium,?

No mate this comes with plastic as standard.

I will remain reserved on if I'd recommend one at this point.

You could look to the Arrma Senton 3s, it might not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it's a damn tough truck, check some of my videos to see.

59 minutes ago, pflatoutbj said:

Do not give up on it, I read some where if you boil the arms it will help and the ground you are on is v rough hope this helps.

In my experience of doing this, it's a bit of a myth, tried this a couple of years ago and it didn't really make a difference.

Although maybe with nylon plastics advancing, it might help with modern stuff.