• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas 1/16th Summit - E-Revo differences

300bhp/ton

I've never seen these in person. But looking online all of the Traxxas 1/16th models look fundamentally the same.

Specifically for the Summit and E-Revo variants, what bits are different? (i.e. chassis, a-arms, suspension, etc) or is is just the body and wheels?

Also, does anyone know if the battery trays will take a regular 2S hard pack lipo (squared off corners) or are they an odd shape?

Essentially your right, wheels, tyres, body, bumpers and mounts are the only differences.

the rally and mini slash however use shorter arms other wise they are the very same.

i have had quite a few and still have a mini slash now, thankfully rpm do some upgrades and complete diffs aren’t too expensive.

as for lipos, this is where it gets tricky, you can get 2200mah 2s lipos in, or maybe 1600mah 3s.

hobbyking used to do some specifically for the Traxxas 1/16 range, not been on in a age though....

To be fair, the brushed version isn’t no slouch.

personally I don’t think it’s worth the extra for the vxl, run brushed then when needed upgrade to a brushless set up. Too much power and it will spend most of its time on its rear wing (revo) or on its roof.