• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Looking for options. Blown 26cc

Mack1

As title, I seem to have blown my engine.  Have checked compression and there is none. Get it back by adding oil into cylinder so reckon piston ring is shot. What options is there for a cy 26cc 2 bolt engine. If I had the money I would by the zen 32 but sadly money had been spent elsewhere so need relatively cheaper options thanks. 

A new ring is an option.  Something I had thought of, but another idea I was toying with is an engine upgrade. Have seen a 29cc conversion but not sure how much  extra power I would get from  an extra 3cc cost wise.

Depends which 29cc you use, probably wouldn't bother on a 2 bolt, you could try and find a Zen G290 long block and use everything from the outside of your engine, that engine is definitely worth it.

Other than that, just get a fresh head kit for yours, take the head off to make sure that's what it actually is though.

It could just be piston ring, or it could be barrel gone completely.