• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hotbodies d819 or kyosho mp9 tki4 help

Everyone local track runs hotbodies d817 v2 nitro buggy and few with d819 and they seem to be really quick around track and they really pull away and struggling to keep up with them in competing racing. Really want to change from tlr buggy. Nitro 1/8 Off-Road Which be best for race competition buggy to buy out of these two hotbodies d819 or kyosho mp9 tki4 race kit spec. Any advice be much appreciated 

whats your gearing ben sounds like you need to set your gearing by track style ie long straights gear up a few on the pinion if short twisty course gear down etc ask what others are running and go from there i know most guys at the track like to keep secrets with there rides but theres always a helpful dude around :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

whats your gearing ben sounds like you need to set your gearing by track style ie long straights gear up a few on the pinion if short twisty course gear down etc ask what others are running and go from there i know most guys at the track like to keep secrets with there rides but theres always a helpful dude around :)

Thank you reply try to ask track see which gear setup like using maybe little hard top drivers don't like to give setup away. On TLR 3.0 buggy nitro just left from stock spur gear 48t and clutch bell 13t. Was making me wondering if they changes there gear too. We have few straight and more twisty corners and jumps. Some hotbodies driver are slow in corners on straight pull pass so fast and other seems to be really fast in corners and have some good top end speed. Struggling to keep up with hotbodies and kyosho mp9 tki3 and tki4 buggy. Tlr buggy Do feel need more top end speed and more corner speed 

• Like 1

yeah ben its all about setup brother even changing your diff oils out with make a huge difference on corner speed also camber plays a big part too we run at a few tracks here so i change according to the length and turns too.

i tend to enter the corner on the racing line and power out on my d8t seems to hunker down better with my camber setup also try not to go big over jumps ive learnt less time with tyres on the ground is less forward movement etc sweep over the jumps and save a few seconds per lap,racings tough dont be put off when people are right behind pushing you to make mistakes hold your racing line and let them wander around you makes it hard work for them then ;) practice practice is the key too learn the tracks watch what others are doing and pay attention to the last corner where races are usually decided ive found this year.

and most of all enjoy it man no point stressing over racing unless your getting sponsored tbf when your relaxed your game will be spot on slow is smooth and smooth is slow as they say :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

yeah ben its all about setup brother even changing your diff oils out with make a huge difference on corner speed also camber plays a big part too we run at a few tracks here so i change according to the length and turns too.

i tend to enter the corner on the racing line and power out on my d8t seems to hunker down better with my camber setup also try not to go big over jumps ive learnt less time with tyres on the ground is less forward movement etc sweep over the jumps and save a few seconds per lap,racings tough dont be put off when people are right behind pushing you to make mistakes hold your racing line and let them wander around you makes it hard work for them then ;) practice practice is the key too learn the tracks watch what others are doing and pay attention to the last corner where races are usually decided ive found this year.

and most of all enjoy it man no point stressing over racing unless your getting sponsored tbf when your relaxed your game will be spot on slow is smooth and smooth is slow as they say :)

I agree too.Thank you for advice really do appreciate it and big help 😀

• Like 1

Yeah but the D819 is a beautiful peice of kit ide defo want that for any racing. I would like to know if the D817T ends would fit the D819 buggy chassis. Ide love to use that on my MT build. Pricey chance to take atm though hopefully later theyll be cheaper. 

• Like 1

On 14/11/2019 at 23:41, Fly In My Soup said:

I'd opt Kyosho mp9 tki4 over the hot bodies personally.... Or if your into truggies.... Then get a kyosho strr evo. Kit..... 

My personal Choice of Course.... 

Thank you reply. I have tlr buggy and truggy had loads of used. Thinking about changing to the kyosho tki4 buggy and would like truggy too if do make changes 

• Like 1