• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and shareΒ all things R/C!

The Goat Thread....... Axial Capra

.AJ.

Great thread got my kit now just got to build it πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ what lipos did you go for Aj ?? Have you got a link please 😜 any other lipos recommend that fit ?and available in the uk ideally a high mah πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

• Like 1

That’s the RX in, I decided to ditch the HH bypass and lower the BEC voltage to 7v, the dig servo seems happy enough at that voltage, I also used a Y lead to connect up the dig servo so I could plug the light bar into it.....

Β 

26983397-7703-4561-B648-04-C39-E71-E626.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great looking Capra.

Β 

Really like the look of these and was considering one as a C3 rig but they do list as quite wide. What does yours come in at width wise? I had assumed that one could run some different offset wheels though I guess the portals size will be the limitation here unless you used a 2.2 rim maybe?..

On 07/01/2020 at 16:46, stimpy said:

Great looking Capra.

Β 

Really like the look of these and was considering one as a C3 rig but they do list as quite wide. What does yours come in at width wise? I had assumed that one could run some different offset wheels though I guess the portals size will be the limitation here unless you used a 2.2 rim maybe?..

About 260mm with .225 wheel hubs πŸ‘Β 

40 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

About 260mm with .225 wheel hubs πŸ‘Β 

Β 

Thanks.

Β 

And could one run the wheels any closer? Or how much narrower does it look like you could get before you're into the portals?.Β 

Β 

Great looking location btw!

Edited by stimpy

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

I’ve not even run mine yet πŸ˜‚

Need to get out there and run it mate! Just make sure you have some challenging terrain as it just cruises over stuff most crawlers would have more trouble with πŸ‘πŸ»

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've just finished my Capra.Β 

This is my first rc car (rc anything, for that matter) in 40 years and I'm pleased with how it's turned out.Β 

As a total newbie I decided to keep it pretty standard to begin with. That way I can actually judge how much difference the mods make as I add them. I've not even fitted a dig.

The one obvious mod I have gone for is SSD weighted portal covers. That seemed a no-brainer, even to me. I've also fitted super-soft purple springs up front (waiting for a second set for the rear). Apart from that, it's standard. Oh, and the wheels - I wasn't going to use the plastic wheels, so it's got steel SSDs with G8 compound Krawlers.Β 

ESC is Hobbywing 1080, Reedy Radon 5 slot 16 turn motor, Savox SW1210 32kg servo, 3s lipo.Β 

Β 

IMG_18052020_101513_(1080_x_525_pixel).jpg

20200518_102014.jpg

20200518_102049.jpg

20200518_102121.jpg

Edited by PaulHCumbria
  • Like 2