• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Condor need help I am new

John Repko

Hello I got a new Condor from friend motor is locked up. It is a team infinity 15 with double gear. I took it apart and found behind gear a melted round rubber piece with a spring around it.took that out now motor will pull and move. I looked up a new motor and could not find one with same shaft or even same motor. What can I do?

15675516950332213325586285038436.jpg

15675517256674388480753355433085.jpg

1 hour ago, John Repko said:

Hello I got a new Condor from friend motor is locked up. It is a team infinity 15 with double gear. I took it apart and found behind gear a melted round rubber piece with a spring around it.took that out now motor will pull and move. I looked up a new motor and could not find one with same shaft or even same motor. What can I do?

That melted part is supposed to be the clutch :P looks pretty fried. If you look in the manual for the buggy or engine there could be a part number for it. Alternatively you can take it to a local model shop and ask them if they have a 2 shoe clutch that fits. Would have thought the part wouldn't be more than £10 to replace. 

• Like 2

Im fairly sure they don't make the team infinity engines anymore. From what I read they were pretty poor. If you want to try a clutch on it then I suggest going on to Black Smith's products site, they are great for price and service and there is a guide on there to help you find the correct pattern clutch. If you want to spend on the buggy then the SH .18 engine fits as this is what the later condors come with. I have one and it's been great but we built it from a kit and it has been well maintained, there are plenty of horror stories with condors though. Before dumping loads of cash on it I suggest you download the manual and go through it carefully. Manuals for the condor and the infinity engine are available on line if you Google it.