• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Xray XB2

Hi all, just picked up a 2018 XB2 carpet. I used to race 1/10th scale touring indoor many years ago but all the kit I have now is old and the batteries are now longer holding charge (NiMH's about 15 year old)

Id like something silly quick for playing around with at weekends and the potential of taking up the hobby and joining a club again.

Can you tell me what you think about the below spec...

msuk.PNG

All good quality electronics. 

You could possibly get cheaper batteries but those are great quality and large capacity, you could probably run a full club night on one of those batteries too!

If racing, I'd suggest a sensored motor, something like a Speed Passion 7.5T or any Hobbywing 7.5T that's sensored. Regional fast guys run down to 7.5T in 2wd so should be more than enough. 

• Thanks 1

I run an Absima 4500mah 2s shorty in 4wd and a Turnigy 4200mah 2s shorty in my 2wd. 

I can easily run three 5 minute heats on one battery and possibly another 5 minute race/final if I'm careful and don't do too many practice laps.

Generally I run two heats per battery then change to a second battery for qualifying round three and the final. After the two heats the battery voltage is still around 3.7-8v (4.20v fully charged) 

I'd say approximately 25-40 mins for those IP 6000mah batts.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
Sorry[mention=42905]hardc0re_tid[/mention] for resurrecting this post.

I'm currently looking at buying a 2nd one.

What set up did you buy in the end?

I'm a bit lost and a complete noob.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bought everything you see in basket/screenshot above.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Edit. 7.5t motor. Not 8t

• 2 weeks later...
Bought everything you see in basket/screenshot above. 
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Edit. 7.5t motor. Not 8t

Awesome. I'm looking to get the 17.5t motor as I'm v v new to this and rather start slower I think than a motor that fast.