• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ’s TLR 5ive-B 12s Brushless

.AJ.

2 standard transmission cases order, along with a selection of m5 csk screws, it looks like on the front I can use longer screws than stock, I cant find any rear body mounts in the UK, so I’m going to make my own.

I’ve order some L section aluminium and I’ve found a front mount I’m going to mod, I’ll separate the 2 posts and use the L to mount to my previous modified location and then mount the posts to the L 👍 

9768956-A-2357-41-AC-8758-6-FD0-B18497-C

48-A0-F8-B2-9554-4-DBB-958-C-05-E351-C57

Looks a nice bit of kit and price seems quite good compared to some other makes I have seen. I quite like the look of the red one myself. Maybe on the next diff rebuild I can invest. 

• Like 1

I  reckon a lot of it  is down to branding. The more people recognise a brand the more people want to be seen with that brand so the price will go up to reflect that if that makes sense.

8 hours ago, .AJ. said:

They do look good, I can’t see it performing any different to the TLR one have in the centre or a £60 IRC or RCMAX one 👍

The rcmax one has a proper replaceable oil seal in it and is 7075. Could argue neither are needed but that's the difference.

• Like 1

I've never had one leak but I did buy the rcmax one to go in the centre as I melted the centre on my 5ive shortly after putting a Scott Finlay 34cc in it. Destroyed itself in spectacular fashion.

A fair bit of heat? They're too hot to touch! Pretty sure I've recorded temps above 90C on the front out-drive cup!

However, I've yet to melt the stock cup. 

Fitting the new alloy diff cup to the rear diff......

DF2-F0935-E36-C-4-DD8-8062-A118-CAA4-B83

07332-A9-F-771-D-4-E8-C-9254-B3-BA8480-F

The outdrives are showing a very small amount of wear, so i’ve swapped them left to right, there is zero wear on the ring gear or pinion and the pinion coupling has zero play.... You can also see the MOD diff inserts. The diff was refilled with 50k. Yeah yeah, I know I should really replace the gasket, but my plumbing mind says it will be absolutely fine 👍 

So far  I’m very impressed with Atop diff cup 👍 

• Like 3

For the price of the genuine boots you can pick up some shockwears which is silly really. Not bothered with boots since. 

The mod inserts are nice. I might have to get some next time I rebuild. There's slight sideways play in the rear at the moment although the ring and pinion seem absolutely fine.

• Like 1

• .AJ. locked this topic
  • .AJ. unlocked this topic