• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lipo advice, are they finished ?

TheDriver

Went to charge a pair of pair of Floureon 11.1v 35c 5500mAh to take the MT out for a run. First charge for maybe 1 year.

Diddnt look too good to start with before charging. Still bad after balance charge. Thought I would run down and balance up again.

Any advice, I guess battey 1 is finished right, as cell 3 dropped to 2.39V. I know I could try to charge up cell 3 as a 1s via the balance lead but is it worth it?

Battery 2 worth balance charging again ?

Thanks

Voltages are below.

bat 1

Voltage after balance charge: 4.20. 4.10. 3.80.
Voltage after run:                       3.76 3.79 2.39 !!

bat 2

Voltage after balance charge:4.20 4.10 3.90
Voltage after run:                      3.79 3.73 3.55

21 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I've recovered batteries from as low as 2.3v before.

But there is a reason these Floureons are cheap, most of them are junk.

I had some 3s packs with one weak cell too, as have loads of other people.

I wouldn't risk my RC by putting one in it to be honest.

I've disposed of a 2s Floureon yesterday. One cell  was weak with a high internal resistance and would be anything up to 0.5v out on charge and discharge. Battery was only about 18 months old, I won't be buying Floureons again

6 minutes ago, stonedef said:

I've disposed of a 2s Floureon yesterday. One cell  was weak with a high internal resistance and would be anything up to 0.5v out on charge and discharge. Battery was only about 18 months old, I won't be buying Floureons again

I have a 5+ year old Zippy that still works perfect, I have some 3-4 year old Turnigys and other Zipps too, all working good, Dads got a pair of 2s Nano-Techs that are also around 5-6 years old... With HobbyKing selling good stuff for about 10-15% more than these cheap crap cost, I don't know why people still fund the brand!

Thanks...gonna dispose of those floureons.

So i need a new pair of 3s lipo for the Hyper MTe.

Can someone please link me to a reasonable battery to purchase at Hobbyking. Its just im not sure about the importance of C vs mAh, and UK warehouse vs EU

The floureons were supposed to be 35C 5500mAh

Thanks

Tray is 165 x 29mm