• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MESH Network - Anyone used COVR?

TWINSET

Hi

Just got a COVR Mesh setup and whilst I can get WiFi access everywhere now, I can't access my NAS drive over the Wifi.

On the old setup, the NAS was plugged into the router, and a set of Zyxel mains wiring extenders were used to extend wifi thoroughout the house - this gave Wifi access to the NAS drive.

One of the Zyxel points keeps playing up now, so bought the COVR to replace.

So I removed the Zyxel, connected the COVR and everything works except for devices accessing the NAS drive

• The TV used to read from the NAS drive, doesn't any more
  • VLC on tablets, phones etc, and PC via network devices all used to access NAS, they don't any more

The TV and all devices still have full internet access (Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer etc.) via COVR just no NAS drive.

Connected to the router, my PC can drag/drop files to NAS drive via Windows Explorer, but if I connect NAS to COVR directly, then I'll lose this drag/drop function (and I want to retain it)

Any ideas?

I don't remember doing any special setup for Zyxel

Old/current setup;

NAS1.jpg

New setup;

NAS2.jpg

Edited by TWINSET

• TWINSET changed the title to MESH Network - Anyone used COVR?

If I connect the NAS to A, B or C the TV, tablets etc. can see it fine, but I lose the drag/drop and direct connection facility on master PC
At present, on the mains-network setup, other PCs and tablets can see the folders on the NAS but not edit the contents whereas the master PC can edit and affect folders/files - I need to keep that functionality.

As for subnets, I don't know what that means, sorry.

I suspect you have a double NAT. Two subnets means that the broadcasts needed to discover the NAS cannot traverse the two routers.

Try browsing to the IP address of the NAS from a WiFi device when the NAS connected to the original router. If this works, then the broadcast/double NAT is the issue.

You will need to put the original router into bridge or modem mode to resolve this.