• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I only popped in for some nuts and bolts....Maverick Scout content.

Rusty Spanner

Hiya. 

Quick drive over to Modelsport to pick up some hardware to mount my posh Fastrax shocks to the shiny new Lunchbox I received for Christmas. 

I appear to have walked out with  a Maverick Scout, absolutely no idea how that happened..............?

Ah well, a quick charge up and a couple of hours log crawling later it would appear I'm in love. ?  How much fun are these things?  Slow enough that the five year old granddaughter can control it, even my wife reckons it's cute!

It appears to be very solidly built and for the price I'm absolutely delighted with it - my first non Tamiya RC and first RTR. Obviously, I'm going to take it to bits and put it back together at some point, but tomorrow I'll be building a little crawling course in the back garden. 

I could never afford an RC vehicle as a kid, no one I knew could. We'd just stare at the kits in Beatties and dream.

Now at the age of 49 I've built a Plasma Edge II, a Lunchbox and acquired a crawler, all in just over a year. 

This is more addictive than building  bicycles. 

I think I need to stay away from Otley and Rawtenstall for a while..............  

Edited by Rusty Spanner
  • Like 3

Well I'm 53 and after buying some toy RCs for the kids and getting sick of trying to fix them I decided, a year ago, to buy a "proper" one that could be rebuilt as needed.

Now I've got two Brushless Traxxas Rustlers (one for speed runs) and two brushless E-Maxxs and I'm running an RC car club at the school.

Who'd have thought?

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

?.

Currently sat in the big lounge of our climbing club in the middle of nowhere in North Wales. Managed to set up a crawling course with two tables, some upside down plastic chairs, hardbacks, rucksacks, boot bags and camping mats as wibbly-wobbly bridges. ? The Scout has been awesome, everyone who tries it (from nearly five with help from mum, to seventy odd) has had a great time. 

Currently on alcoholic forefiets for refusals/rollovers. I'm convinced some people are playing to lose. ?

Off to Dinorwic slate quarry tomorrow for some outdoor fun.  Snow's forecast. 

Can I post vids on here straight from my phone or do I need a third party account?

Edited by Rusty Spanner

Once you get into RC of any sort you tend to stay or at least keep an interest even if you don't actually  own any. I used to worry about age (50)but I don't care anymore as long as I enjoy it.

Scouts are what got me into rock crawling and I am you will have fun and being looking at TRX4's etc