• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot Bodies D8MT stunt truck build.

RCbutcher

I coverd up the gap between body and mud gaurds it was just tall enough for the body to rest against the gaurds. I used alloy round servo horns i couldnt find anything else and saw them £2.50 for 10 so thought ide use all 4 mountings but decided two each is fine and i can pick it up by the lips so defo strong enough. Im not happy with the stickers but drilled 4 holes and tried to hide them lol. Ill think of something mayb. But im happy with it overall i need to learn how to measure lol. Not mark peices of tape. 

ENXzlvE.jpg

I had an old slash 2wd bumper i thought looked about right. Snipped it down abit and it slots in perfect. I could just cable tie it dowj and it firms it up and fills in the rear end. I like it but im sold on the wheelie bar atm but this is a backup. Or new 2wf rear bumper anyway. If i could cut the middle of the bumper and slot in the wheelie bar mount mayb i could use both slash bumper and rustler wheelie bar. 

O1ljm84.jpg

rg6uoj3.jpg

DPRjZTw.jpg

Always open to ideas ide like an alloy spine skid plate attached at the front bumper skid then at the back of the chassis using holes not being used perfectly lines up. Ide just cut around the rear skid so it sits in the alloy skid. If i can. Plus need to weigh it vs other models soon. 

It started ultra lightweight but it isnt anymore lol. 

• Like 1

Still waiting for proline to get stock to uk. I dont want to run it until its the way i want it or ill lose interest if it doesnt go to plan lol. But i have faith in it i wont launch it much but will now with the kid. Makes rc so much more fun watching the little one try to out do you. Sadly my YT proves her doing so multiple times. 

• 2 months later...

Started putting bits and Bob's together today I had the idea now ages it's cool how easily this stuff just happens the bar goes through the wing mount holes theres wiggle room but I'm thinking to add some clear heat shrink cut off to just take up the gap abit plus cushion it. Inside the bar is an M4 threaded rod wearing m4 threaded sleeves which almost perfectly fill up the bars internal diameter. Plus then allow the m4 screws to thread in and hold the links. I had to get gold rod ends tho bling bling. I still need the links but my old slash ones might suit. But I might keep those as a full set and just get two new links. 

I roughed out the metal plate again no measuring so I need to cut the bar down ever so slightly its crazy how close it is though. Rod ends lining up. I'm nervous about the plate. Drilling the holes I'm looking for something with holes already I can just use as a guide. Its not bent perfectly either but fine. I think it only has to pin it the links will hold it down with force from under. (I hope) But its biggest function is to look cool and fill up the void it had. Plus stop the bumper flexing how much it does. 

aXsOI0V.jpg

NVhYH6f.jpg

Dxuc401.jpg

BmXVar6.jpg

5X3dDa8.jpg

6hjLkbx.jpg

ot9J6CC.jpg

VMiQvr3.jpg

YVDbJlm.jpg

I love how it's pretty much the same size as the slash. 7lbs slash. 10.5lbs D8mt.

Next I'm gonna add the rear shock tower from the spare roller so its doubled up and I hope more than strong enough. 8mm carbon fibre rear tower should be aye? 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 2

Thanks I absolutely love it but 50/50 on whether its body will stay on lol. Drilling the standard body posts finding out their hollow I'm kinda nervous the first flip or upside landing will snap them ide like a roll hoop to alleviate forces on them but the best thing I've seen is hpi trophie truggy roll hoop but not sure how ide fit it. But seems like whatever I try on this just works its crazy. Always guessing good. I need a peice of mechano. I'll use that for drilling the bumper/brace holes it wont look even I don't think maybe filing out after will help but I'll be happy if it just stays on lol.

• Like 1

Really need some better springs for the rear it's kinda revo atm sagging but heart set on finding some gold or yellow springs. But a set I got were softer than the ones I have from HB idk if their yellow springs are stiffer dont fancy guessing again wrong on that lol. Or listening to the seller. 

Its only ever so slightly longer than it is wide so should handle well. I hope. 4s seemed tame as shortened truggy. But not ready to get a 6s. 

Edited by RCbutcher

If the rear posts fail I can simple drill out the holes fatter on the PL mount then just slip that mount over the std mounts post nipples add spacers then just clip body pins in. That would have been a better idea damn. Ifs it good enough for the hoi Baja this should be fine

Gutted I only just thought of that looking at the pic of it resting on the standard rear post nipples as I called them. It wouldn't have weakened the posts neither. Strong thick body pins I bet that would have been a better way. 

Edited by RCbutcher

• 3 months later...

Checked your profile to see what you had, saw a d8mt and thought huh.. haven't heard of that. Google brought me right back here to your post.

I like the wheelie bar, looks like it should hold up to some abuse. Gotta love Badlands, I've got them on my lst too. It's got the stance for sure, looks mean. Awesome build!

How's it doing? Been a while since you posted about it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yeah I sort of fell into other things still hoping to have things 3D printed and finish but ended up selling up now sadly. But this has gone to a very good home with other D8Ts and a fleet of others im sure ill see it flying sooner or later.  But for now im out the rc game but this really was my favourite build custom stuff having ideas and them usually working. 

D8MT is just a nickname really but afew guys built D8 MTs before me lots of different ways to do it too. I just loved the tessman d8 for all its bling as standard. Compared to what the tekno mt410 comes with its crazy. 

Plus tekno started with brushless chassis kit conversions or were well known for those mostly. The chassis kit tekno did for the D8T I think looks the most like the tekno mt410 so thought of it as the mt410's dad in a way. I'm sure it will run as wild as one lol. 

• Like 1