• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DF-03Ra Help Please

Only4Fun

One of my rear dog bones keeps popping out on my DF-03Ra because the foams in the drive cups are wearing out.

For a temporary fix I have been cutting some foam from an earplug which works, but I would like to replace the dog bones all round with CVD's.

I can only find ones listed for the DF-03Ra in U.S.A.and after probable import duties to the U.K these become a bit expensive. Do any CVD's from other models fit which I could buy in the U.K ?

Thanks ?

Just found the manual online but it doesn’t give its length, can’t use the screenshot on my iPad though as it could well be resized to fit the screen.

actual sizes of the dog bone should be in the build manual or measure one from the car.

• Like 1

Just had a look through my bits mate, the cvd’s I have are far too big but I have come across 3 (no idea why only 3)

yours look like 39mm pin to pin, these measure 45mm pin to pin, now this is where it’s gonna get tricky, do you have 6mm+ slop at the moment?

these will fit on ‘paper’ but would you get full suspension travel?

they also look new and are steel.

@Gaz!  Good morning mate.  I've measured the travel, to the best of my capabilities, and the gearbox end moves roughly 3 - 4mm. The wheel end only moves 1 -1.5mm. 

It was difficult to measure but I marked the 2 points of travel and measured the gap. 

Maybe yours are just a wee bit too long?

20181002_092452a.jpg

@Gaz!  Thanks Gaz. I am not sure to be honest. I have been told about these http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-assembly-universal-shaft-tt01-ta04-53792-p-11703.html?cPath=595_744_708

They are much cheaper than here in the UK and I know that they would be the correct fit, so I am veering towards that option.

I really appreciate your time and help with this mate. It's a shame we don't know if they would work.

????

Ahh yes, it does list the df03ra on there and a bargain at that price, I’d get 2 packs and fit them all round (providing same front and rear, can’t remember).

i got my Subaru brat universals from rcmart too at half the cost of U.K. prices :good:

Yes, two sets at that price seems the way to go. It's a shame U.K stores add so much for overheads.

I would like to support them with my custom but at half the price RCMart will get my money.

Especially as I don't mind the wait for delivery.

Thanks again mate ?

• 3 months later...