• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Screws & Leopard

peteinman

I couldn't tell you what size the screw is as i don't have my marder here.

But if you don't have a spare that will fit & you'll have to buy some you might find it useful to have a complete screw kit. Long term it'll be chaper than buying the little packs of odd screws from the model shop, many of which you'll never use.

JEspares does a couple of stainless and high tensile ones but the standard FG screw kit is pretty good value at £8 from modelsport.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=14875

Hello Pete.

If your still running the standard gear carrier then there isn't a screw that holds

it on. The spur gear fit on the carrier and that's held on the shaft with a E clip.

1pickp3.png

If your running the alloy carrier then its held on the shaft with two 4mm grub screws.

Hope this is of some help to you.

DAVE

Hello Pete.

If your still running the standard gear carrier then there isn't a screw that holds

it on. The spur gear fit on the carrier and that's held on the shaft with a E clip.

1pickp3.png

If your running the alloy carrier then its held on the shaft with two 4mm grub screws.

Hope this is of some help to you.

DAVE

I seem to have the alloy gear carrier...then the 4 rubbers, then the 46t gear....the gear carrier is held on with two grub screws, but the actual shaft has a threaded centre, and there's a screw which holds the main gear (6427) on to the shaft...I think it's 4/5 mm, but not sure.

I have the screw set from fg, and the one I want isn't in there! Just my luck.

I'll go hunting tomorrow I think...

Pete

.....found it...it's an M6. Taking the leopard into the hardware shop made some heads turn!!

Edited by peteinman

.....found it...it's an M6. Taking the leopard into the hardware shop made some heads turn!!

Aye that would work!!!!

I'm glad you got it sorted. At least as an M6 you'd have a decent shot of finding one in a hardware shop, some places don't stock much smaller than that.