• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DJI Spark

I’ve noticed the dji spark fly more combo has been reduced in my catalogue, extremely tempted but does anyone own one yet? It’ll be just for messing about with so I’m not really wanting a Mavic/Mavic Air as I can’t justify spending that much.

so, opinions on the spark??

?

29 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I’ve noticed the dji spark fly more combo has been reduced in my catalogue, extremely tempted but does anyone own one yet? It’ll be just for messing about with so I’m not really wanting a Mavic/Mavic Air as I can’t justify spending that much.

so, opinions on the spark??

?

it had a big issue of dropping from the sky.  it was like the battery just stopped working.  people had full flight logs but DJI didn't want to know

13 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Many? Or just a handful?

it seemed like a lot had issues      i know they did a update  but don't know if it fixed the issues. 

I had one for about 3 months. I'm CAA approved and use it few times a week for work & pleasure.

Had no issues with any of dji other than a couple of firmware glitches. spark has been great, surprisingly stable and pretty zippy in sport mode.

What price is it?

What do you want out of your flights?

DJI are one of the best options if you want to do photos/videos, aerial surveys etc

If you just want easy flying, there are cheaper options

or if you want to be a true pilot and learn to fly without the stabiliser DJI offers (DJIs pretty much fly themselves and use many sensors to stabilise their position in the air), then a freestyle/racing quad is what you want

1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I’ve owned a cx-20, a phantom 2, a phantom 3A & a hubsan h502, & a parrot bebop2 fpv, I just like the ease of gps & I play, sky bash if you like!

how was the bebop  as i have always liked the look of it.

32 minutes ago, turok007 said:

how was the bebop  as i have always liked the look of it.

It was really good! Great fun in fpv mode, but the camera was a bit of a let down!

i sold mine after I had a near miss with it disappearing over some woods & I hit RTH & it worked!

plus I needed the cash, but yes I’d thoroughly recommend the fpv pack with the case, (needed & expensive!)

On 30/06/2018 at 21:09, Bigjimknickers said:

Not really interested in the disco but the Cx-23 is also in my radar.

how about getting a argos store card to buy the dji  then pay it off within 12 months.

3 hours ago, turok007 said:

how about getting a argos store card to buy the dji  then pay it off within 12 months.

The spark you mean? I don’t have one but my missus does!

is the spark cheaper in Argos?

1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

The spark you mean? I don’t have one but my missus does!

is the spark cheaper in Argos?

i only suggested argos  as it has the monthly option.  But i think to prices is what your catalogue is offering.

6 minutes ago, turok007 said:

i only suggested argos  as it has the monthly option.  But i think to prices is what your catalogue is offering.

Its a very good suggestion, the spark is £450 with a free controller at the moment, but I’ve got no chance of getting that Argos card off my missus for another “toy”!!

lol?

On 04/07/2018 at 18:49, Bigjimknickers said:

Its a very good suggestion, the spark is £450 with a free controller at the moment, but I’ve got no chance of getting that Argos card off my missus for another “toy”!!

lol?

so have you decided on what to get

26 minutes ago, turok007 said:

so have you decided on what to get

I’m still undecided, I’m moving house in a weeks time so to spend unnecessary money at the moment seems crazy, even for a spendthrift like me!

I pay a big chunk off my catalogue every month so I’ll probably get if from there to hide the cost!

• 3 months later...

Finally got my spark! 

Unpacked it all & charged it all up then attempted to register it & update it all, what a ball ache!

managed it eventually but it wasn’t as straightforward as I expected!

all ready for my maiden flight tomorrow!