• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Road Rage

wiggy2k7

Im thinking of getting some Proline Road Rage 3.8 wheels/tyres for running my HPI trophy truggy flux on road. I've read mixed reviews on them, mainly people saying they balloon pretty bad, but ive also read reviews of people saying they hardly balloon at all.

Have any of you guys used them, what did you think to them?

Or can you recommend me any others?

Thanks

Edited by wiggy2k7

Ballooning will be all down to amount of power, speed and throttle control.

You could have two guys running the same rig, one might flick the throttle between jumps on 4s and won't notice any ballooning, or very minimal, another guy might do speed runs on 6s and they might look like pizza cutters.

You can belt them, but unglueing and glueing is a PITA, I'd just give them a whirl, on a lot of power, pretty much any unbelted tyre will balloon to some degree.

On less power, most won't.

15 minutes ago, wiggy2k7 said:

Im thinking of getting some Proline Road Rage 3.8 wheels/tyres for running my HPI trophy truggy flux on road. I've read mixed reviews on them, mainly people saying they balloon pretty bad, but ive also read reviews of people saying they hardly balloon at all.

Have any of you guys used them, what did you think to them?

Or can you recommend me any others?

Thanks

I have, they balloon like all prolines and wear quick too. Grippy though.   Check out the src road crushers. Much better imo - there's some in the fs section...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, capri-boy said:

I have, they balloon like all prolines and wear quick too. Grippy though.   Check out the src road crushers. Much better imo - there's some in the fs section...

Cant see them in the for sale section, you got a link? Thanks

1 hour ago, wiggy2k7 said:

Cant see them in the for sale section, you got a link? Thanks

11 minutes ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Cheers Dave. Tried to pm you Wiggy but assume you inbox is full

• Like 1