• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OLD Rc Cars keep / sell / Bin

Trexdominator700l

Hi,

I am new to the forum so HI :P, I was clearing some stuff out and found my old RC cars.

They have some sentimental value but I will never use them again, into heli's and planes now. I have a CAT 2000 SE, Fireblade 2000, Tamiya Monster beetle (Black foot shell) , Tamiya Blackfoot. These were all working when they were put away and I have various spares.

Boscat, Kyosho Outrage and a Tamiya Bearhawk good for parts, mostly there but not runners atm.

My question is should I bin them or try to sell them or put them back in the box under my bed!? Is there even a market for these any more? 

They seem to good to bin but......

Hi welcome to the forum. Most especially the tamiyas and kyoshos are saleable and still a buoyant market. If you search each model on ebay it will give you a rough idea of how much they are worth.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Trexdominator700l said:

Hi,

I am new to the forum so HI :P, I was clearing some stuff out and found my old RC cars.

They have some sentimental value but I will never use them again, into heli's and planes now. I have a CAT 2000 SE, Fireblade 2000, Tamiya Monster beetle (Black foot shell) , Tamiya Blackfoot. These were all working when they were put away and I have various spares.

Boscat, Kyosho Outrage and a Tamiya Bearhawk good for parts, mostly there but not runners atm.

My question is should I bin them or try to sell them or put them back in the box under my bed!? Is there even a market for these any more? 

They seem to good to bin but......

Binning them is like throwing £150-£200 in the bin dude.......

Bung it all on eBay as a joblot, starting bid £99, traders and hobbyists love lots like that, don't underestimate the value of vintage toys!!....cough...I mean hobbyists equipment:)

If you have time to spare, clean them up, get some detailed pics and stick them up for sale as individual lots, you might be quite surprised how much you make.

original monster beetles and Blackfoot models make good money today (depending on condition etc.)

those two could fetch £200.

thing is how much is your time worth? I personally wouldn’t buy your lot and sell on for profit, traders or not, we’re supposed to be like minded folk helping each other out. And I don’t mean giving stuff away but not stiffing them either.

and pics speak a thousand words. Get some stuck up and I’m sure between us we can give a honest value of each car. 

Hope this helps... :good:

• Like 1

I agree with big gaz I'm a trader but would never want to rip anyone off. I think individual lots would fetch more and tamiyas are always desirable and highly collectible.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, big gaz said:

? I personally wouldn’t buy your lot and sell on for profit, traders or not, we’re supposed to be like minded folk helping each other out. And I don’t mean giving stuff away but not stiffing them either.

That's not the point I was making gaz, I was just meaning they're desirable....so instead of lobbing them in the bin, take a few pics and list it all as one lot....minimal effort and a guarantee of a decent return 

If op wanted to sell on individually he would of course get more money, but the profit difference vs. effort involved in 8-10 separate listings, postage, etc etc really isn't worth it imo

Edited by Fly In My Soup

1 hour ago, Fly In My Soup said:

That's not the point I was making gaz, I was just meaning they're desirable....so instead of lobbing them in the bin, take a few pics and list it all as one lot....minimal effort and a guarantee of a decent return 

If op wanted to sell on individually he would of course get more money, but the profit difference vs. effort involved in 8-10 separate listings, postage, etc etc really isn't worth it imo

No mate, it wasn’t aimed like that. But their are folk out here that would do someone over in a heartbeat. I recall a ex member that was like that.....(he wasn’t banned for that reason, I hasten to add).

• Like 1

Having assessed the Schumacher cat , as jamesp stated, its worth £150 on its own.

These are rare to find in such good condition, especially those with the carbon fibre chassis and upgrades...great rc's!

2 hours ago, big gaz said:

But their are folk out here that would do someone over in a heartbeat.

@Trexdominator700l I'll give you a tenner for everything......

giphy.gif

• Haha 1