• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which servos?

dwarfy

I have been out of the hobby for a couple of years but getting back into it starting with adding hydros to my FG bug (thanks Carpmart). Before I got out of it I was looking at getting new steering and throttle servos but things have probably moved on a lot since then. What would you recommend for each?

DSC02213.JPG

Savox 0235 or 0236 are quite popular choices.. As are the Hitec 845, but they are a bit of a weird size so it's worth double checking those will fit.

Standard sized, really there's a lot of options, from Savox, Hitec, Xpert etc... Maybe try checking Modelsport in the servo section then go by budget?

I was looking at Savox before I stopped using it so will look at them, thanks, and will check out the standard sized for throttle. Do hydro brakes need a higher torque servo? Never had them on before only cables which were a pain so didnt stay on long so just used a layshaft tuning brake which is pretty good even with the 645

I forgot I took a punt on a Blue Bird 630mg throttle servo which is in my marder. Sure it has 14kgs of torque so was pretty decent for the brakes and never had any problems with it. Will probably just leave that in the marder and go with new for the bug though