• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas S - MAXX winter upgrades (ex roll cadge thread)

newnitroer

Hey,

Not been around for a while and not been doing anything in relation to hobby due to moving in with the girlfriend but I am settled in now so its time to do some late winter mods.

Will this roll cadge for the TMAXX fit my SMAXX (including the orignal body) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integy-Model-Hop-ups-Traxxas-T-Maxx/dp/B00XSEIJHQ

this the last mod I am doing now the rest of the mods in case any one is interested are:

Digital waterproof HT servo for both the throttle and steering 

4WD 

Reverse kit

The work starts tomorrow with the car being stripped down and cleaned and WD40 put where needed. As well as seeing what parts need replacing (had to replace the glow plug wire 3 times already it keeps on fraying exposing the sliver wire and shorting out on the head).

Glad to slowly be coming back and cant wait for the more warmer weather although I do hope to be able to get a few snow days maybe later today before the strip down tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really no one knows if that roll cadge will fit oh well lol.

Anyway work has been put on hold for now only just got around to starting everything yesterday only to find out that some how the HSN had came lose (the gold nut) and now it wont tighten back up because the carb has gone and threated its self so new carb is now required although I am kind of tempted to get a 3.3 and put it in then sell the 2.5 alone with my old HPI nitro G 3.0.

It would however explain all the cutting out and unstable RPM I had been getting last time I ran it will be sure to check it regularly from now on don't want to have to keep on replacing a £45 part all the time. 

Once I really start getting into things I will upload pics of the mods being installed.

so as I said im getting the Digital waterproof HT servo for both the throttle and steering   from traxxas (2075) but after reading the reviews im not so sure.

Can anyone recommend to be a good waterproof servos for the maxx 

thanks

Decided to keep the engine I striped it down and cleaned it out  it wasn't even dirty anyway but since I accidently ran it about 4 times with out the air filter (never trust your parents with your RC cars) so I will be keeping it now.

my Budget is £42 max for each servo so £84 all togeather want some really good ones you see and also that's how much the 2075 were. any suggestion of what I can get with that budget would be helpful. I would also like to get it from wheelspin models so if you can recommend one from there website that would be good it just saves a bit on shipping and not only that everything else I am getting £140 worth of stuff is coming from there and I am one of these people that like to get everything all at once and all from the same shop. 

*EDIT Also does anyone know what battery I should get for my CR4T Transmitter from Absima I am fed up of using rechargeable AA's and I understand you can get a proper battery pack for it. I am out away from any power source all day when I take the car out and I want full flexibility to be out from morning tell dark I got enough fuel, receiver hump packs and enough EZ start batteries to last 2 days but I can still only be out at the moment for a max of about 4 hours 8 rechargeable AA batteries are just not enough for this TX to be able to last all day.* EDIT 

Edited by newnitroer
CRT4 Question and also were I want to get the servo from

• newnitroer changed the title to Traxxas S - MAXX winter upgrades (ex roll cadge thread)

Just quick question is fairly liquid safe to use on the tyres/wheels to clean them I guess its the same as simply green the stuff that all the American racers/bashers use to clean there but just though I would make sure.

does anyone know if the standard traxxas wheelie bar will fit by truck my rear end is all metal instead of the usual plastic (see picture). Also does anyone know the manufacture of the black bumper and the grey plate that slopes down with the 3 lines going down it. (sorry don't know there proper names) when I fit the wheelie bar I want to get new ones as you can see they are scratched up from wheelies. They came fitted on the truck when I got so got no idea where to buy them from.

IMG_0164.jpg

Edited by newnitroer
put part instead of bar