• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Supersavages Losi 5ive B

supersavage

I thought it would to tell you the truth, ive also seen quite a lot pop up on facebook over the past week or so, I do want one I just need to sell the 30north first 

• 2 weeks later...

Might be worth investing in one of these as people on the 5ive B owners group say it does help cooling significantly, though I'm not sure on the looks of it. https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/TLR-5ive-B-race-body-LOSI-5B-G-Forza-shell-by-GraFil-Bodies/122549117978?hash=item1c887f241a:g:K3YAAOSwIjJZQbQ-

This is more or less ready for Bashfest. I just could do with getting a throttle/brake brace. 

es9ozF6.jpg

I'd like to get it to Nene Valley Raceway for one of their Summer series round as soon as possible but I made the mistake of selling my transponder with another car. Plus I think Bashfest would be a better place to give it a good shakedown and see what happens with the heat issues. 

• Thanks 2

Gave it another little run outside the house and I'm still not sure if I like how warm it's getting and I'm starting to run out of room on the body to drill holes in. I'm also getting the feeling that the brakes aren't exactly brilliant. 

does seem odd with regards to the heat thing, I have people at my local track running big power in one of them and a 29 in the other  and not having heat problems, one of them have swapped the shell for one of them unbreakable shells but that's it a few cut outs they have done but no where near to what you have done to your shell.

don't take this the wrong way but  maybe  your worrying to much about the heat problem ? dam what's it going to be like in the summer months ?  if you can not sort it you might as well put it up for sale again at a lower price ? to get a quick sale that is 

Hopefully I'll be able to give it a good test at bashfest as I can't really build up enough speed in the space I have outside of my house to get a decent amount airflow through which might be why it's on the warm side. I've seen people use verious materials to make up some sort of heat shield things and they haven't had any issues so I might try and work out how to make one. 

• Like 1

One throttle/brake servo brace fitted. 

MaN4I0R.jpg

Though I did have to remove the brace from the diff to the clutch housing but I don't really think it's going to be an issue as I never used one on my 5ive T and the buggy chassis is shorter than the trucks. 

I also added an extra velcro strap for the battery box. 

aQwYG7W.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good day at Bashfest today, well apart from this happening twice (I blame Rover Mans engine being too fast lol) I think this was one of the fastest if not the fastest car round the technical track. 

EU6j74V.jpg

Hoping to go back tomorrow as its less than 30mins from where I live, though I think the heat has got to me. 

I don't think I had any heat issues with the engine which is good however after 10-15mins the steering starts to fade and the servos are alarmingly warm so I may have to swap them out when I can. 

• Thanks 2

Had another great day at Bashfest and best of all nothing broken or fell off, just a very very dirty air filter. Bonus was I won a set Joker turnbuckles for the 5ive B which was a result :)

Also have to say I was very impressed with how well organised it was and everything seemed to run very smoothly, so much so that I may book for the one in August. 

• Thanks 1