• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Supersavages Losi 5ive B

supersavage

Thought I'd have a look and see what the turnbuckles sell for and got quite a shock http://www.jokerdesigns.co.uk/store/4589495871/tlr-5b-turnbuckles-(cambers)-full-set-of-6/10884276

I'll build them up later after dusting the car off though I don't know whether I'll actually use them as I've never had an issue with the stock 5ive turnbuckles. 

Put them together only to discover they're all the wrong length and too long :( I wonder if they're truck ones. 

jXufaci.jpg

I might send Joker an email tomorrow and see if they can help me out otherwise they'll be going in the for sale section. 

Having had time to recover from the heat at Bashfest I've finally got around to taking some pictures of a little problem. I think every time the buggy rolled over or took an Impact on the air filter side the air filter would end up taking a fair amount of the force which seems to have transferred to the carb and isolator block. Which is concerning me as a hard enough hit could mean cracking the isolator block or maybe worse. I have no reason to believe that it's caused any harm yet as the engine was running great but I'll probably post this up on the 5ive B Facebook page and see whether there's anything I can do about it apart from not crashing lol. 

LOZl6IH.jpg

Don't know how well all the mess it's caused shows up on the image above but this one shows it quite well :(

MMGKH90.jpg

22 minutes ago, Shaunomercy said:

Maybe the MCD airfilter and fuel tank is the way forward supersavage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Funny you should say that as I've been looking at possibly doing that conversion for a while. 

Edited by supersavage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, crucial118 said:

I just signed up to respond to this thread.  I read every post and love the pics and info you have entered.  I just put together my own TLR 5B and have been taking notes on your posts.  How were you royally screwed?  I want to hear the end of this story!

It's not something I can post on here (not RC related). 

Glad the thread has been useful for you :) The 5ive B is a great car once sorted and has become one of my favourite RCs I've owned. Also if you haven't already seen the 5ive B owners group on Facebook I'd recommend taking a look at that as well as there is some very good info on there. 

36 minutes ago, crucial118 said:

Understood.  Sorry to hear that.  Did you sell it?  I will take a look on Facebook.

Yep had to sell it :( Lots of info on there but if you want to post up any questions on here I'll do my best to help you out aswell :)