• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Scania R620 build

12 hours ago, spannermonkey said:

Paint cured nicely and after a quick flat I got it cleared while most people were still sleeping. Unfortunately none of the pictures are good enough due to a smudge on the lens.

20180224_154114.jpg

20180224_154117.jpg

This is how she stands now.

Few decals to fit once it's all nice and hard. Also got the mirror backs and sunvisor to fit. Then it's ESC and reciver, test fitted it all just waiting on some cable tidy before it gets stuck in.

Sweeeet! Loving the colour!

Build looks very tidy! My eyes are drawn to the grille and those loooverly wings!

Its like a sad puppy sat there......I can hear it whimpering...... " Let me out the back door" ......"drive me"....then I can hear it saying " don't forget to video it" :043:

• 2 weeks later...

ESC fitted today and last few decals. As soon as the weather dries up a bit I will give it a run outside and video it. Not trying to run it inside as even in 1st with the standard can it's way too fast to navigate around all the furniture.

20180306_150207.jpg

20180306_150223.jpg

20180306_150138.jpg

Edited by spannermonkey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spannermonkey said:

ESC fitted today and last few decals. As soon as the weather dries up a bit I will give it a run outside and video it. Not trying to run it inside as even in 1st with the standard can it's way too fast to navigate around all the furniture.20180306_150138.jpg

20180306_150207.jpg

20180306_150223.jpg

Hit some sweet jumps with it :)

• 5 months later...

I have loads of pictures but unfortunately the domain change stopped all the ones in my thread working. Any in particular you would like to see and I will dig them out and post them or try to fix them in the thread.

I'd just like to see what your build looked like...it would be nice if you could post a bunch of the finished truck along with some in progress photos of anything interesting you did along the way. That would be cool! Thanks! Whatever is easier for you.

No I didn't bother in the end. The lock isn't that bad once you get used to it. I did replace the front axle with a unit from RC Jazz which takes all the slip out and improves lock a fair bit.

20180331_160727.jpg

Looks better too, this is the same but fitted to my knight hauler.

• Like 1

Oh wow, that looks snazzy! Off I go to have a look at RC Jazz now lol. 

I thought you'd done the servo location change because I couldn't see the servo in it's normal place on the truck...maybe the photo angle just didn't show it. 

Servo is in stock location, I have a couple of American style trucks with both servos at the front and it doesn't make a lot of difference but you do need the aluminium mount for that set up as the stock one soon splits.

20180131_153528.jpg

You can see both servos in this picture.

RC jaz does some nice looking drive shafts but not sure of the manufacturer. I know a lot of the stuff on there is a clone of bigger manufacturers and from experience the quality is very good.

Thanks. Just as proof your never done.

20180423_170441.jpg

And since this picture the Grand Hauler has a new load and motor, the Scania has had a good polish and the knight hauler has different time and tyres.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The instructions are really good, mainly detailed pictures. Important bits are shown 1:1 scale so you can check you have the right screw or bolt. Hardest part is the gearbox but if you take your time and use a big freezer bag when fitting the tiny E clips it's not that hard. If you take the plunge there is plenty of help on here. Ive just ordered truck 4. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 24/02/2018 at 20:19, spannermonkey said:

20180224_154114.jpg20180224_154117.jpgPaint cured nicely and after a quick flat I got it cleared while most people were still sleeping. Unfortunately none of the pictures are good enough due to a smudge on the lens.

This is how she stands now.

Few decals to fit once it's all nice and hard. Also got the mirror backs and sunvisor to fit. Then it's ESC and reciver, test fitted it all just waiting on some cable tidy before it gets stuck in.

What colour paint is that, don’t know whether to paint my Scania metallic blue, with the griffin decal in silver, or to choose a real on the road truck and copy the colours

• 1 month later...