• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Calling fitness peoples.

Oh How Original

I'm looking to get myself a decent punch bag and wanted to ask some opinions on here.

I used to do a bit of training and would like to get back into it.

At first I thought of a 'normal' bag with a big wall mount, but the walls in this house aren't exactly heavy duty, so I'm not sure how long it would be before the mount ripped out, so the next option is a stand alone bag, but I'm not sure what to really look for as I've never had one.

I want something I can actually hit, not tickle, and it won't fall over ever 30 seconds or split after 5 minutes.

Anyone got any recommendations?

get a free stander with a sand filled base. Unless you've got decent timbers etc for a ceiling mounted one, i find they always come loose, and having somewhere big enough to give it big hooks and move around it etc is impossible inside, unless you live in a mansion.

I got one that i leave the base out in garden, then pull the bag bit off when im done. Only knocked it over if im really trying, and unless you punch like tyson, it shouldn't split.

1 hour ago, collective itch said:

get a free stander with a sand filled base. Unless you've got decent timbers etc for a ceiling mounted one, i find they always come loose, and having somewhere big enough to give it big hooks and move around it etc is impossible inside, unless you live in a mansion.

I got one that i leave the base out in garden, then pull the bag bit off when im done. Only knocked it over if im really trying, and unless you punch like tyson, it shouldn't split.

Which one is it you have? It will be indoors and I don't really want to move it too much, I don't plan on doing circles round it, but I will be doing some kick boxing etc....

Just need something decent that I can actually use y'know... Some of them seem so light for the job.

On 01/02/2018 at 22:02, collective itch said:

yeh looks exactly the same, you'll need a funnel and make sure your sand is dry, pia to pour in other wise.

This might sound a stupid question, does it matter what sand you use?

I probably won't have a big selection so I'm curious if their is a difference at all?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey I'm practicing yoga, do you think that I'm a fitness person? I'm asking it 'cause I know that some people are thinking that yoga is a kind of meditation and don't take it as a sport. I'm practicing it for 2 months so I'm still getting into it. The only thing that I've got about yoga till now is that it's really hard but at the same time it is useful and relaxing. I've found recently this yogapractice.com site and read there about the om symbol and I'd like to implement it in my daily life. I hope that positive energy will help me to pass over hard periods in my life.

Edited by SeanRa696
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1