• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

Im curious to the routing of the esc cable to the receiver on the rtr model, can anyone post a pic. 

I've covered mine in some protective sleeving to run under the centre driveshafts. 
20200523_233603.thumb.jpg.6a7aad9f83aef5011ae29bc13aabe306.jpg

Its routed over the drive shaft with a small zip tie to the rear tower brace.
Will add a photo later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noddy question. 

Looks like I can buy a couple of 2s and put them together, but I presume I can buy a 4s or 6s battery? 

With all these options... How do I know what fits the vse 150amp model. 

Hi

2-2s overlander 55c 5300 fit perfect so get the size offline then you can search for your choice of 2s lipo.

2-3s nanotech 5000 you have to cut the battery tray & extend it at the rear so the ESC can fit along with the lipos.

You can go 4s bricks as well just check the sizes.

For 5s & 6s you have to modify the tray

• Like 1

Hi

2-2s overlander 55c 5300 fit perfect so get the size offline then you can search for your choice of 2s lipo.

2-3s nanotech 5000 you have to cut the battery tray & extend it at the rear so the ESC can fit along with the lipos.

I use 6s 3300mah without any mods

Sent from my Snosberry
  • Like 1

Sent from my Snosberry

Could do with some more lipo options like this as it’s trail & error sometime.

A brand new Hobao tray is a tenner if you need to get it back to standard though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomzac66 said:

Hi

This one yes? https://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-5300mah-2s-7-4v-55c-lipo-battery-in-hard-case/rc-car-products/407810

So I buy 4 of these and use two at a time in the car.

For the roller they suggest these as a bundle actually (they don't have bundle recommendations for the RTR, I guess as its just batteries and charger you have to add): https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=377046

Which I guess I would just use 1 at a time, 1x3s1p rather then 2x2s1p

Edited by Skynet5

This one yes? https://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-5300mah-2s-7-4v-55c-lipo-battery-in-hard-case/rc-car-products/407810

So I buy 4 of these and use two at a time in the car.

For the roller they suggest these as a bundle actually (they don't have bundle recommendations for the RTR, I guess as its just batteries and charger you have to add): https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=377046

Which I guess I would just use 1 at a time, 1x3s1p rather then 2x2s1p

The hard pack overlander 2s have a look EBay free postage + small discount for multiples.

For the 3s try hobbyking you could start with one 3s then add another.

Yes 2 in go bash remember to check your start time then check Voltage half way through run. No lower than 3.7 per cell.

So after a long hard look at this I've decided that I do want to build a kit.  I started to remember the fun I had in building the diffs, shocks etc.  Plus my lad would proabably like to watch, although he is only 8.

Doing more research and looking at what is available I think I'm going to move over to 1:10 and buy the associated b74.  It really looks great and the only real neg I see is that it has a slip diff (but can be upgraded) and tbh that wont matter much to me.  Also considering the tekno eb48 2.0, but I think that is a bit too much and I'm not sure how reliable parts availability is going forward.

I cannot find many 1:8 kit builds available at all, and the tekno seems quality!

Edited by Skynet5

So after a long hard look at this I've decided that I do want to build a kit.  I started to remember the fun I had in building the diffs, shocks etc.  Plus my lad would proabably like to watch, although he is only 8.

Doing more research and looking at what is available I think I'm going to move over to 1:10 and buy the associated b74.  It really looks great and the only real neg I see is that it has a slip diff (but can be upgraded) and tbh that wont matter much to me.  Also considering the tekno eb48 2.0, but I think that is a bit too much and I'm not sure how reliable parts availability is going forward.

I cannot find many 1:8 kit builds available at all, and the tekno seems quality!

What ever you end up with this place has a wealth of knowledge and we’re here to help.

• Like 1

the hyper vse is a great kit, ok its part built but to get the most out of it you will have to cange diff oil and shock oil etc anyway, buy some upgrades and you will soon have it nearly all to pieces, to start your build

i have some 1/10 stuff and it is cool1\8 is more robust and ddmore bashable

• Like 3

On 26/05/2020 at 10:55, HoneyBadger44 said:

Sent from my Snosberry

Hi, What sort of run time do you get with those 6s Puppies?  Also have you have any experience with 5S?  thanks

Hi, What sort of run time do you get with those 6s Puppies?  Also have you have any experience with 5S?  thanks

I get 20-25 mins runtime using the stock motor with YR cooling fans. Fairly continuous running, jumps etc. I’ve got my punch set to 1. Plenty fast enough!

Sent from my Snosberry

Today a part came from an awesome member on here Gorillazilla, it's the brake disk separator from the nitro version, I used it to hold the cable that goes to the esc so it doesnt hit the centre drive shaft. It could go over the top buti prefer it out the way.  Small and not very exciting mod but there will be some better things soon 

20200529_204538.jpg

Hello guys just wondering what battery connectors do you guys use ?? I melted a deans connector before just wondering if thers any better connecters out ther ? 

Ec5 or Xt90 are popular.

But if you’re melting Deans then you’re either;

a) you’re overgeared, or not geared for the terrain you’re running on, or running on the wrong terrain- such as long grass

B) something in the drivetrain is binding

c) you’re not letting the buggy cool down between runs- have you cut any cooling holes in the body?

d) you’re using the throttle/brake like an on/off switch.

I’ve run Deans on every plane, heli and car I’ve had in the last 15 years and never had an issue.

Sent from my Snosberry

• Like 1

Im running 2x 2s overlander 60c 7600mah , with 19 pinion on golf courses. Im thinking maybe cos the weather is really hot at the moment thats why. Also i dont let it cool down in between runs. Im also finding the connectors are falling out aswell which is really annoying

Im running 2x 2s overlander 60c 7600mah , with 19 pinion on golf courses. Im thinking maybe cos the weather is really hot at the moment thats why. Also i dont let it cool down in between runs. Im also finding the connectors are falling out aswell which is really annoying

Motor fan and/or heatsink? That is a HUGE battery dude, probably very heavy, which won’t help.

Sent from my Snosberry